Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome johnboat john

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme HamourKiller's Avatar
    Welcome! Enjoy the site!

roadtrip57
    Hi and welcome, this site has the nicest friendliest most informed ready to share information site on fishing anyone could ever hope to find. Sorry to hear about your dad lost mine 3 years ago too, was your dad a factory rep for Milton. The name sounded familiar. Porter we are close, live in New Caney, talking fishing is almost as good as fishing.

Ole Bill

Talking

:welcome:

Member Hooked on FishingTX johnboat john's Avatar

Dad was a milton Rep!

Yeah he was a milton Rep! He sold a lot of automotive lines over the years. He did a lot of work with the autoparts companys in town. I try to keep up the traditions he taugh my brother and myself, fishing whenever we can. I have the spring fishing fever pretty bad right now even though it is still winter. The great thing about living on the Gulf coast is, one day you wake up and it is spring, never to be cool again till the next November. Hoping for some clear weather and water to start getting after the whites. I wonder if the cats will feed much in this cold muddy water right now. I usually do real good on the west fork and sometimes under the 59 bridge from a boat. It may be hard to catch some shad right now but I may give it a try Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip57
    Hi and welcome, this site has the nicest friendliest most informed ready to share information site on fishing anyone could ever hope to find. Sorry to hear about your dad lost mine 3 years ago too, was your dad a factory rep for Milton. The name sounded familiar. Porter we are close, live in New Caney, talking fishing is almost as good as fishing.

Hello BigDave

I am glad to hear that someone has came down from the 2100 bridge and done the trip before. Did you run into many fallen trees along the way?...............Johnboat John

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAVE
    Welcome to the FishingTx family johnboat!! That is a good canoe trip. I have canoed each creek and the east fork from fm2100. When we canoed Caney or Peach creek we always camped on one of the sandbars. Nothing but a good time!

roadtrip57
    So sorry to hear about your dad, I knew him he talked about fishing on lake houston his wife dietition and his great kids liked to fish too. Everyone knew him in houston, all the wholesale automotive distributors and wharehouse distributors. most tackle shop too. I never seen your dad with out a smile on his face. I worked in the automotive tool side of buisness jtp tools wholesale importer. he would stop by just to say hi alot of times. great guy, one of the best

Smile Thanks for the kind words!

It is a wonderful thing to hear people who knew dad and say things like you have it is a compliment to his legacy. I think that most people who love to fish are just lovable good people in general. I have only met a few people on the water in my 44 years that have been grouchy or mean, most are down to earth family value oriented people. Dad used to get us boys anything we needed to fix our cars and trucks. He built my brother and myself hotrod trucks in our teen years, he was kind of a motorhead in his younger days. I remember some of the cars he souped up, some of them use to scare the heck out of me when I was a little boy. Maybe we will run into each other some day and share some more stories. It is allways good to find someone who knew dad, the memories are what I have left now. God bless you!..John

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip57
    So sorry to hear about your dad, I knew him he talked about fishing on lake houston his wife dietition and his great kids liked to fish too. Everyone knew him in houston, all the wholesale automotive distributors and wharehouse distributors. most tackle shop too. I never seen your dad with out a smile on his face. I worked in the automotive tool side of buisness jtp tools wholesale importer. he would stop by just to say hi alot of times. great guy, one of the best

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar
    Welcome to FishingTx! It sounds like you will fit right in.:welcome:
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

Scotta
    Welcome to fishingtx. I can wait to hear some of your fishing stories

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme crappiecandy29's Avatar
    Welcome to FishingTx Johnboat,we need to hook up some time.I launch out of BJ marina alot.I'am taking my cousin out jugging this sunday.if your going to be around let me know.