Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome johnboat john

Member Hooked on FishingTX johnboat john's Avatar

Thumbs up In the morning maybe

crappiecandy29
    Thanks for the friendly welcome. I would like to hook up and go fishing with you sometime for sure. I have jugged the West fork once at night and it was late spring early summer. I had my jugs set in twenty feet of water but never had a fish on one. I put three hooks on each jug 1st hook about two ft. off the bottom and them about four feet apart on the next two hooks ascending. My brother and myself have jugged Lake of the Pines yearly at our family reunion on Memorial day and we have caught some really nice cats especially blues, my favorite. The first year we had the family reunion there we caught a fifty pounder on one jug, he drug the jug a quarter of a mile but we landed him. I think I may go out Saturday morning if it is not pouring rain, Sunday I have prior engagements with my church. I do not know why but the last few years at lake of the pines I had a lot of Catfish die on the jugs just after a few hours witout checking them, can not explain except that I used swivels at each tie off, maybe they rolled themselves to death, also the water was real warm those years, lack of oxygen, don't know.
    Anyhow we will hook up some time. Keep an eye out for a SeaArk green johnboat with a silver Johnson fifty on it, I usually wear a straw hat to keep the sun off my head.............johnboat john

Quote Originally Posted by crappiecandy29
    Welcome to FishingTx Johnboat,we need to hook up some time.I launch out of BJ marina alot.I'am taking my cousin out jugging this sunday.if your going to be around let me know.

john
    That would be the thermocline that killed your fish,No oxygen.

Ole Bill
    i guess this thermocline thing is a shallow water lake phenominum cause i aint never seen it at the lakes at home or anywhere else that i have been even in florida they dont seem to have that trouble yet they are shallow water lakes

Senior Member Master in FishingTX croxt's Avatar
    speaking of thermocline, found this picture in one of my newly acquired old paper chartplotter fish finder manuals......
    Clark.......gigem '91