Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome johnboat john

saundecw

Welcome johnboat john

Welcome to FishingTx johnboat john!! Where do you fish and what do you like to fish for? Share some fishing adventures and enjoy the site.

NewCaneyFishingLady
    :welcome:

Member Hooked on FishingTX johnboat john's Avatar

Smile

I live on the upper end of Lake Houston and fish all the rivers and creeks that feed it. I fish Conroe occasionally but not much since my dad an avid member off the Humble Bass club passed about a year ago. My dad Pat Kallaher was a bass fishing master in my book, he did not stray from bass fishing unless it was with me or my brother Bill. I like to fish for all the species out there! I really love Crappie and Catfish. I also fish Lake of the Pines, Livingston and when I go to my brothers house north of Tyler Tx. we fish Fork, Tawakoni, Cypress springs, Palestine and others. I have just purchased a 17ft aluminum canoe and I am looking forward to launching it on the East fork or Caney creek and coming on downstream from there probably getting out at BJ's marina, that would be a good trip. I should run into some good fishing somewhere along the way. This time last year I was slaughtering the whites up that way as far as my 16ft SeaArk could go without hitting too many sand bars. I have been hearing people talking about catching Talapia and I have never caught any myself, I hear they are in Lake Houston now! I wonder if they are good to eat. I have fished the area since 1977 when our family moved to Forest Cove from Garland, Tx. I have spent more time on Lake Houston than any other body of water in Texas. I live in Porter now and get to the water whenever possible. I deer hunt too but am about to give it up for strictly fishing. It seems that hunting in Texas is going the way it is in Europe, if you are wealthy you can buy a big lease and you will do good, if you hunt public lands it is very unlikely you will do much good, I usually allways catch some fish when I go out and that is better than wasting time in the National Forest.............Look forward to talking to members of this site!...........johnboat john

john
    Welcome to the friendliest site in texas.Join right in.Sorry to hear about your fishing buddy.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Welcome to FishingTx
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Layton
    A BIG welcome to fishing tx.

Ole Bill
    welcome johnboat feel like ive known ya fer yers so jist holler and we will go fishin

Member Hooked on FishingTX johnboat john's Avatar
    Olde bill,
    We should go fishing together sometime! Do you ever fish that Lake up there at Double Lake. Once my canoe comes in I am going to try it! Last time I camped up ther I caught a nice little Bass and a few bluegills but it was cold. I was just filling in some time between hunts up there. I have some family up there in Cleveland. Talk to ya later.......johnboat john

Senior Member Master in FishingTX tylerdan's Avatar
    Glad to have you on the site johnboat john. Maybe you can hook up with some of the these guys in your area. They usually have a lot going on.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX BIGDAVE's Avatar
    Welcome to the FishingTx family johnboat!! That is a good canoe trip. I have canoed each creek and the east fork from fm2100. When we canoed Caney or Peach creek we always camped on one of the sandbars. Nothing but a good time!
    IF You Don't Go, You Won't Know