Thread: Heads Up!

NewCaneyFishingLady

Heads Up!

I lost my internet connection at 10am, this morning. After doing my usual things to get it back, without success, I called Embarq, my phone company. The representative had me do this and that, some of which I had already done.

Then, which, is very unusual, he had me poke that small button on my router, for my wireless pc, with a pen, for 30 seconds. That returns settings to the default settings. The main pc was then able to get a connection.

I came back, in here, to this wireless pc and told him I did not have a connection here. He told me my router needed to be replaced and that the warranty was expired, a new one would cost $79.99. I said I was gonna check at Best Buy and he informed me I would not get the phone support from Embarq, if I did not buy it from them. I said ok, I will try some things, think about it and reboot my pc.

Wellllll, after rebooting my pc, I have internet but my connection is still looking for a network address. It ain't broke now, so I am not fixing it.

I have dealt with Sprint, now Embarq, over several years with my DSL not working. This is the first time they have told me I needed to buy from them because my equipment was faulty. It seems like their strategies have changed with their name. BEWARE

Scotta
    Whenever you reset your router you have to reboot for it to take effect. I have made that mistake many many times

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    They always will tell you that to get a sale,
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Scotta
    It seems like they would want to provide service because you have there service regardless of your hardware. Am I gonna have to buy a roadrunner computer next?