Meals-on-Wheels truck stolen during food delivery

ERIC HANSON
    Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle
    TOOLS
    Email
    Get section feed
    Print
    Subscribe NOW

A Meals-on-Wheels truck, loaded to the brim with food for senior citizens, was reported stolen today from a north Harris County apartment complex parking lot.
    "It is frustrating. I can't imagine what they would do with that truck," said David Roberts, director of senior nutrition services for Meals-on-Wheels.
    Roberts said the driver had just started making deliveries on his route about 8:30 a.m. when the Chevrolet truck was stolen from the Northwood Villas Apartments at 5000 Aldine-Mail Route.
    The truck is equipped with an insulated box to keep the meals hot and Roberts said the vehicle should be easy to spot.
    "Hopefully the will just leave it somewhere and not keep it," he said.
    The driver has about 85 people on his route and Roberts said Interfaith Ministries, which runs the program, distributed shelf food, like crackers and can goods, to the seniors.
    He said a backup truck will be used on the route Tuesday if the stolen truck is not recovered. Meals-on-Wheels delivers hot food to about 3,300 people Monday through Friday.
    [email protected]

NewCaneyFishingLady
    I blame this on the people, "parents", that raised these children. Please, please, if you can't raise the children to know right from wrong, and to say Mam/Sir after yes or no, not yeah, PLEASE Don't Birth Them or Don't Keep Them.

No one ever died from being taught good manners!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    shame you dont have to have a job and take a test to have kids
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar

Angry

I agree, it doesn't get much lower than that!
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

Ole Bill
    well i aint gonna get started on what i think of that but i am in total agreement when is the d#%$ government with their political correctness and the courts with their leaninancy gonna stop slappin wrists and start hard punishment for these hooligans and thieves.:grrr: :chop: :lighting:

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar
    Oh, don't get me on my soap box. Practically every serious crime you hear about is done by someone out on parole. An example would be a recent robbery by a fellow who was convicted and received a 10 year sentence just 3 years ago, but he's already out to do it again!
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    People have no class and no respect for others or themselves when they stoop to a level like this.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Ole Bill
    yea i know what ya mean WBF ya say anything about what you would like to do to them and some d%^& dogooder will want to jump on ya and tell you what an animal you are cause you want to see these people locked up tight for a long time. its the liberals that have taken the sting out of being penalized for crimes committed all in the name of political correctness and given the criminal more rights than the victims. gonna get worse to cause the dogood people dont think its legal to protect yourself anymore and the police are to busy at the donut shop to care.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Pawpop's Avatar
    Well the good Lord knows who they are and I would'nt want to be them when He gets a hold of them!!
    And GOD said:

Senior Member Master in FishingTX croxt's Avatar
    just saw on channel 2 website....truck has been found.......lost 81 of the 85 meals on board but looks like no other damage. maybe someone needed a ride?
    Clark.......gigem '91