Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crater of Diamonds

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar

Crater of Diamonds

Wll folks it foinally happened and i took teh Warden digging for diamonds in Arkansaas at the Murpheesboro ..It was grae ttime me tlots of unusual folks and found some specail pieces of rock but no diamonds , 1 diamond was found from abou t300 folks diggin gat $6.50 each:Cpunch: ,some folks take it ver yserious ..This one cat dug up 70 buckets of dirty and hauled to his holding spot ,next weekend he will sift throu it in hopes of finding a jewel!!

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    People do that that stuff seriously, just like the gold prospectors sites they have all over. Sounds like you had a good time.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Others really took it serious, like a job!!:Chammer:

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Very Nice Pics Ben
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Ole Bill
    i went there once and that was enough for me i didnt find a diamond either i found a couple of green looking crystals and that was all but they were definatly not diamonds

Ole Bill
    i couldnt remember what they told me it was so i looked it up and it is called planerite and coeruleolactite which is a form of eastern type turquoise and very common in several eastern states arkansas being one of them. this is not a gem grade crystal it is mineral grade and not much value to it like western turquoise is

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    just got the end of the story channel 13 but appears someone found a 2.5 carrot diamond up there looks like you should have taken the warden and dropped her off ben this last weekend that puppy would pay for many millwood trips
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

Scotta
    I went here as a kid and found a nice box turtle that I was gonna keep as a pet and mysteriously disappeared in the middle of the night. Dad I love you RIP

con man
    i'd rather be fishin

OCOE
    I've been there too ... no diamonds ...

They say it's best to go there after a strong rain, which peals away the top layer of dirt, and also to look in the lower areas as they tend to congregate there.