Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome SunshineSnuz

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar

Welcome SunshineSnuz

Welcome to FishingTx SunshineSnuz! :welcome:

Please tell us what you mainly fish for, and where.
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

john
    Welcome to fishingtx!

Ole Bill

Talking

:welcome:

SunshineSnuz
    Thanks everyone!!!

I fish for whatever ends up on my hook! My hubby accuses me of being too competitive, as long as I have a hook in the water and I'm even getting nibbles.. well, I'm good to go!! In reality I just enjoy being outside enjoying the scenery. (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

We have a 7 year old daughter that accompanies us on our excursions, we used to just cast a line out with a bobber and let her watch it but she has gotten quite good at casting by herself in the last year. We upgraded her set-up as well but I still think her old trusty Scooby-Doo pole is the luckiest of the lot. Heck, when the fish aren't biting I'll even pick it up and sure as all else it's catch SOMETHING. LOL!!

We've gotten into camping in the last year so most of our fishing is done wherever we end up going. In fact the only two requirements for a campground are that it has showers and fishing (and the showers are negotiable!). We're headed out to Lake Texana tomorrow and thanks to the tips we found on these forums I hope we catch the biggest cat I've ever caught yet! I'm excited!

As you can tell I'm quite verbose so I'll wrap it up for now... thanks everyone for the welcome and the fantastic site!

Have a great day!
    SunshineSnuz

saundecw
    Welcome to FishingTx SunshineSnuz!! We hope you enjoy the site and share some of your fishing adventures.

Scotta
    Welcome to fising tx and I hope you have some good luck on texana.

Ole Bill
    i reckon that verbose word thingy means ya like ta talk and if that so then ya aint got no monoply on that i do too but the best thing i like is pictures of all them fish ya catch and the smiles on that young ladies face when she gets one. just remember if yer fishin yer doing things right and this ole man says welcome to the family just remember them pictures cause i cant read or write and im a shut in ya know. bwaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

NewCaneyFishingLady
    :welcome:

Senior Member Master in FishingTX tylerdan's Avatar
    Welcome SunshineSnuz. Have a good time at Texana. Our board's resident expert on Texana says it is a wild place. Tell us a good story when you get back.

Where do you fish in the Austin area? I lived in Austin 1970-2001. Send me a PM when get back and I will share my knowledge of good places in your area.

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Welcome to FishingTx
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain