Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sweet gum balls

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar

sweet gum balls

okay with the flood waters here i have a few billion sweet gum balls floating on my land does anyone know what the best bait to catch them, how to clean em and got any good recipes for em.
    man if there was a market for those and leaves i would be a wealthy man
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

Scotta
    I got a few things floating across my yard I wonder what they are worth.

Ole Bill
    i got some crawdads running around with life preservers on and a boat load of frogs singin ole man river

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    make a sweetgum salad!!!!!!!!!!!!! with mudbugs and bulfrogs on de side !!!!!!!!!!!

Member Hooked on FishingTX johnboat john's Avatar

In the dark

Sweetgum balls! I have one of those trees in my yard, right on the edge of the driveway and between the mailbox and the front door to the house. Do you know how to find sweetgum balls in the dark?.....Barefeet usually works for me.....Ouch....?#*&# sweetgum balls wish there was a good use for them!

Ole Bill
    ya can always chunk em at the bill collectors and tax assessors

Member Hooked on FishingTX johnboat john's Avatar

Talking Tax collectors

Ole Bill,
    You should not give me ideas like that! Just kidding! You do have a point. Those tax collectors won't be happy till they get all our income! Need to take a big sackfull of those balls and put into some tax collectors driveway. Those darn balls have had me skiiing (gracefully falling) across the driveway more times than I can count!.........Johnboat John

Ole Bill
    always glad ta help with some good ideas john just be careful skiing on those gum balls ya could box em up take em to the flea market and sell em fer porky pine eggs ya know bout three fer a dollar or so.

roadtrip57
    sweet gum, grass burs, cockal burs, berry vines, oach throw in some fleas, tics and mosquitoes life in the outdoors, can not forget poision ivy ,sumac or oak. gets more better bees, wasp and spiders this is just to get to my deer stand hahaha

Ole Bill
    sounds like a normal situation we havin fun yet did ya fergit snakes gators and leeches