Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome alpinist

saundecw

Welcome alpinist

Welcome to FishingTx alpinist!! Where do you fish and what do you like to fish for? Share some fishing adventures and enjoy the site.

Ole Bill

Talking

:welcome:

NewCaneyFishingLady
    :welcome:

alpinist
    I live in southwestern Colorado and fish mostly canyon reservoirs for warm water species. I favor smallmouth, but the last couple of years fuel prices have kept me closer to home on some local largemouth lakes with a smattering of crappie and lots of yellow perch (a walleye cousin). I could care less about trout which makes me somewhat of an anomaly here.
    I joined this forum to gain some info about Palestine because I have a fishing trip scheduled there from 3/23 to 3/29 and will be staying in a Villages condo.
    This is my first fishing trip to Texas and I have found some useful info on this forum. I've been researching the lake for a few weeks reviewing archived posts etc. from similar time frames. Two main themes seem to emerge from this research; there are catfish and there is wind. I grew up in Iowa so I am no stranger to catfish. The wind is a bit concerning as we are bringing only a 14 foot jon with 15hp motor. Info on any access points for the various fish species available would be welcome.
    Thanks for the welcome,
    Alpinist

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Welcome to Texas, when you get here.

Tylerdan will be able to give you a lot of info for Lake Palestine. You will have fun catching those catfish. Is that what you are mainly going after?

alpinist
    It does seem like Tylerdan is the resident expert on Palestine conditions. Do you think I should post on the lake specific forum?
    We will not be targeting catfish as a primary species but actually have some quality bass as our main quarry, however I would not overlook crappie or hybrid opportunities.

Layton
    A BIG welcome to fishing tx.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    A might large fishingtx welcome salute ~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't send no pm keep it public so we can enjoy teh stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar
    Welcome to FishingTx! :welcome:
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

Senior Member Master in FishingTX tylerdan's Avatar
    alpinist, somehow I missed this thread before you made your trip. You sure picked a windy week to fish Palestine. Let us know how it was.