Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying the lights this weekend

Senior Member Master in FishingTX waterspout's Avatar

Trying the lights this weekend

if things stay as I plan, I'll be hitting the lights tonight and tomorrow night for sum speckled yellow mouths with fanges! Going to try to hit a lil island before and after with the lights to see if the saddle blankets have moved in. If'n ya see the "Dream Catcher" out on de h2o say hi. Here fishy fishy!

anyone else going fishing? LOL 8)
    The fish are in the water!

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    So where you plan on fishing or gigging? Those lights can sure be alot of fun. I was planning on scooting around west bay on Friday or Saturday. If some weather shows up, I'll probly stay within the safe confines of Moses Lake. Good Luck and let us know how you did.

fished upper galvatraz off an on all last week caught a lot of fish under the lights. lots of 14.75" and some solid 20+" to go with them, boated limits of trout with chartruese and candy corn plastic under lights in four to eight foot over shell and mud mixed. We worked the plastic very slow on the bottum bumping it every now and then. Had a few keeper reds and sum rats to go with them, NO flounder yet in my hole or at least they weren't hungry :roll: Anyway, salt is getting right for the fight!
    l8r

That's what I wanted to hear. Sounds like a lot of fun.Would like to learn about your light set-up. I considering setting one up for fishing and gigging at night this summer. Would like something that is easy to remove and store. Any info would be appriecated. Hey waterspout, been to the track recently?

Yes sir, we were at the track all day sunday. Three palms in conroe on Motox, Saturday night was bmx. It's a way of life you know, been do'n it for 13yrs. with my son and he won't let me quit.LOL I fish around houses with lights mostly , I have a generator and all but using thier light is quiter and easier

I usually head over to skeeters. It's close. Rio Bravo has some fishing over in that swampy looking pond but not much of a track. Caught a few little bass on just a few casts. He says that there are some nice cats in there. Are you headed to Dallas for the race? I'm might head up that way. I too fish some of the dock lights before sun-up. I've caught some large trout in Bayou Vista canal lights. Always fun to see those big shadows moving through.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    Skinner you talkin bout there is a pond at Rio Bravo, the old mc track on mt houston rd ?? :shock: :shock:

Yes ,, thats the one Sir Ben. But I tell ya what go to Texaco country club and fish the ponds if you wanna catch some good bass.

medulla762
    Quote Originally Posted by waterspout
    Yes ,, thats the one Sir Ben. But I tell ya what go to Texaco country club and fish the ponds if you wanna catch some good bass.
    Them ponds are full of huge bullfrogs also.

The Rio Bravo waters are full of huge aquarium catfish. Whatever you call them suckers picosmus or whatever they are. I'm talking some four pounders!

Ya butthe guy that runs rio now has it shut down and wont ket you platy there anymore. Or at least he wouldn't a couple of months ago when we went to ride. I aint into large mouths really inless its a wall hanger,lol, but a buddy has been fishin sheldon res. in the middle in the willows and catching sum good fish on watermelon spinners.