Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: banks

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar

banks

a few months back i had to pull some money from my 401 and the check was drawn on a bank in delware but has branches in houston. my bank said it would clear in 2 weeks. i call the branch and they said it would take a week to 10 days to clear. WHY? i go to some walmart's and write a check it comes out of my checking account then they know my check is good then. i understand crediting my account on some others bank but 2 weeks? then there is the bank it was wrote on 7-10 days? why isint it good right now they know if the moneys there?

i said all this because last friday i wrote the irs a check for $3500.00 i mailed it and my taxes last friday the following tuesday the check cleared my bank. does any of this make since, makes me wonder thousands of checks for millions of dollars the banks holding and who gets the intrest on this money in limbo land? not me.
    we can send a man to the moon, and check to see if a check is good but 2 weeks to get my money.
    thank you im finish for now these are few of my non favority things.
    im in my happy place,im in my happy place, im in my happy place
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

Ole Bill
    ok its like this the bankers choose the polititions with their money then tell the polititions to pass a law so that they can hold our money for 2 weeks so they can gather interest on everyone doing buisness with that bank and to make the law say they dont have to divulge where the interest is going which is definatly not us. they turn around and take that money and loan it to us at exorbent interest rates so that we can pay our bills and eventually become like we are now . at their beck in call cause we cant afford anything without them saying we can this is called the debt to income ratio which now they say is to high and we cant borrow anymore until we have reduced our debt which we cant do because the interest is higher than the original debt now. its called a mortgage in which you buy a home for 50 thousand and at the end of 30 years you have actually paid back 250 thousand which takes you approxmatly 15 years of payment before you start showing a plus equity instead of negative equity a plus equity that they now start hounding you over to refinance your mortgage for a lower income rate that acually will cost you 400 thousand at the end of 30 years and you get to start all over again. in the meantime they have used your money for two to three weeks on a less than 30 day industrial loan that nets them a cool 18 percent interest causeing you to have to remortgage your house because your irs check bounced bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahah welcome to the new world order

Ole Bill
    now this last post makes about as much sense as why they take 2 weeks to do what can be done in less than 2 seconds with the stroke of a finger on these wonderful computer that everyone must have to do buisness anymore

vernon courvelle
    you are so right about welcome to the new world order bill. this country is right on the edge of it being put into effect. its all set up and ready to go. all it will take is a big terror attack, or riots, any excuse for fema and home land security to declare martial law. then the big money boys can go ahead and come out of the shadows and run this country.

Scotta
    I got two insurance checks and they were from Chase Bank but since I didnt have a checking account at chase they said I couldnt cash it. WHAT. They obviously ahve an acount they are making money off of. So I take it to my bank and the smaller check clears in a few days2300. But the second check partly clears for 2000 in ten days but it took another week for the other 4500. Was the whole 6500 not in State Farms account. I have never heard of such a thing. Now you got me back at Cry Baby Land.

chase was the same bank i had trouble with if a check is wote on a chase account why cant you cash it there? why do you have to have a account there? that would be like telling walmart we are not going to cash mr. cooks check to you because you do not have a account here. that alone is enought for me to never have a chase account
    Amen!

Scotta
    I ahve three chase credit cards with real high limits. I was one day late on one card and they all went from 11% interest to 29.9%. Is that even legal

i think texas has a max 24% i thought? anyway i would get rid of them
    Amen!

john
    I've been banking with chase for years and have never had any problems.Its been quite sometime since i have transfered bigger checks but all that i have dealt with were no problems when i had a benefit with cks from every bank you can emangine.

Ole Bill
    I believe it is a law that if the check is written on a particular bank they are required to honor it whether you have an account their or not. They tell you what they do in hopes of getting your buisness just raise cain with em and tell them that your lawyer will have no problem getting it cashed along with some extra cash by a judges ruling. I keep saying to people ya gotta fight for your rights or ya aint gonna git em. Course everyone thinks ya cant fight or scare the big boys but let me tell ya something when ya start getting into their back pockets by judges decree you git what you are intitled too and after that they remember you and deal with you with respect.