Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SE Texas Wildflowers

NewCaneyFishingLady

SE Texas Wildflowers

I went fishing this morning and the man I was fishing with told me that his grandfather told him "if the cows are laying down, don't go, the fish aren't biting". He said he had passed 3 places with cows and they were all laying down. When I got home, I went down the street to see my friends cow. Sure nough, she is laying down. I will be checking on her more often, especially since gas prices are out of reason.

I don't have any fish pics but these caught my eye on my way home.

Ole Bill
    who said God cant paint a pretty picture

mikechell
    I cannot say I am overly impressed with Texas bass fishing. I love fishing, where ever I am, but I have become more and more confident in my ability to locate big fish in FLorida.
    But I do have to give it to Texas for the wild flower display this time of year. The BlueBonnetts, and the red and yellow flowers that come up with them are absolutely beautiful.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    i forgot my cameria but the back roads to fayetteville are the best i have seen in years worth the drive for a family day
    sorry no pictures
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

john
    You can't catch bass in trees Mike.

mikechell
    But John !!! You taught me how to cast into them !!!!

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Oh yeah? He taught me how to get my lure out of them.. lol Thanks John!!

Scotta
    I think its just to different kind of habitats. Florida has these beautiful natural lakes and texas lakes are man made except for Caddo. For the most part they do a lot more vertical traveling throughout the day and year. Most shallow water is addjacent to deep water. I dont know this is just a guess. I know when I fished in Louishiana you could find fish next to cypress trees in shallow water all the time. However when I got to Texas and fished with a guide he was talking about main lake points and breaks with structure. I took a bass on a hump in 26 feet of water on conroe and it blew my mind. I just didnt havve to do that in Lousiana. I love the shallow the best but because of where I live......... I went on a guided trip with Alan Christenson on Lake Travis and I cant tell you how long I waited for my bait to drop before begining my retrieve. Thank God it was a guided trip because I would of never thought to look in water that deep.

Layton
    I like them NCFL go to fayette I-10 to hwy71 to 955 theres a field thats about 12 acers full of blue bonnets. If you look real hard at the pic I took the other day shows a pond in the pic if you look real good at it. At about the 1:00 position you can see the field. It was gettin dark when I took the pic.
    Snap some more. Who wants to see them dirty ole fish. bbbbhhhhaaaaaaaaa.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    thats the way i went to fayette but what i thought was cool was on the way back i saw 4 different ponds with kids and grandpas and parents fishing there stock tanks was really cool just wished i owned some of that land and ponds
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!