Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture page

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    A word of advice to anyone who gets a cut or injury while on the water a simple fix that is temporary is to use super glue it will close up small wounds until you can get in to see a dr. If it is not a major injury the super glue will act like a liquid band-aid and keep you from bleeding.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme flatcats's Avatar
    I'm on so many blood thinners that an injury on the water scares me to death. I didn't know you could do that with superglue. I have a spare tube and I think I'll just slip it in my tackle box next to the bandaids. Nice tip Dwayne, thanks.

Steve
    I'm not a sportsman, I'm a fisherman. There's a difference.

Well I picked it up from a friend that plays football and he said the athletic trainers will use super glue to fix cuts and minor injuries, seems to act just like a band-aid.

I have used it for a long time when bowling. I used to bowl tournaments all the time and bowled as many as 300 games a week when preparing for tournaments. I bowled 5 nights a week in leagues as well in the past but now I only bowl one night a week. The wear and tear on your thumb is brutal so the way to toughen up the skin and repair cuts and tears is with superglue or stuff they call new skin. It is like liquid superglue that you put over the wound and it will seal it up real good.

When bowling a marathon tournament which consisted of 30 games straight my thumb took a beating so i used the new skin and placed a small cloth patch over the wound, then you light it on fire with a cigarette lighter to seal it completely, the stuff is flamable. It will seal up and keep your cut from reopening.

It is not a permanent fix, but it is a quick fix that will keep you from bleeding until you can get to shore if needed.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Ouch!!!

I don't think I will be trying that anytime soon.
    -Mark Twain

mrmakAUCTIONEER
    BOWLING??? mmmm must be gettin all tore up on the elbows and knees slidin on all them hardwood floors. never heard of any one cuttin themselves bowling har har, good one bro

LOL

The cuts mainly happen on the fingers and the thumb due to wear and tear from lifting on the ball to generate a hook. I throw a large hook and it takes a toll on the fingers and thumb.

A quick fix for swelling that I learned from bowling is to take a potato and cut a hole in the center large enough to put your thumb in. Let your thumb sit for a while and the potato will draw out the swelling.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    D. even the Doc's are using it a lot I. A friend of mine got hit by a five foot black tip this past summer and they gave him 8 stitches and used super glue on six other hole the thing left in his hand. In fact the holes that they used the super glue on did a lot better than the one they stitched. He said if he had a choice next time somethhing like that happen we would have them all glue if he could. I hopes it wont be on a shark bite again he has been fishing them for 20 year and that was the first time he had been hit.

TWT

that would be scary to have a shark bite into you. The super glue thing works great because it will seal the wound and keep it together while it heals. Most Football players and basketball players use it when they take an elbow or a hit to the face. If you look at most players who get stitches and come back to the game they cover it with superglue to keep it protected and keep it from bleeding.
    -Mark Twain

Thin Water Tracker
    I'll I have to say I have been hit two time but both times they were small ones. three foot and two foot and only got a finger but both were to the bone. Needless to say I got a longer hook remover after the second one. Both time I didn;t know I was hit till we seen the blood.

Administrator Master in FishingTX Gentleben's Avatar
    I don't do sharks, the bite looks too ficsous.