Thread: Health care costs

megjur

Health care costs

Took the cat to the pet emergency room. He had been bitten and had an infected paw. Paid for the off hours emergency fee, the sedation, the treatment and an antibiotic medicine. All of this cost $155. Not so bad if you think about it. SO why would a similar proceedure for a person cost well over a thousand dollars? I mean, even given the extra salaries for human doctors the price still shouldn't be 10 times the amount. (I know cause I fell through a window 2 years ago and needed 40 stitches). Somethings got to give eventually, cause I'm paying through the nose for insurance. If costs were more in line with reality, as in veterinary fees, maybe insurance wouldn't be so dang high. Just my rant for today..thanks for listening!

otocatchfish
    Yea, Tell me about it.
    My tooth has ben hurting me since saterday and when I finnaly whent to the dentist it turned out to be my wisdom teeth.
    So to take them out it would cost 1,100, but as it turns out I am going to the dental school in the morning for a whopping 60 bucks! (All they charge is cost)
    And dont think that the dental school does bad work cause there students, cause they dont, My brothers have ben going there for years.

The only drawback is they are a little slow, but hey for 60 bucks I think I can handle it!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar
    Megjur, I couldn't agree more; it's totally ridiculous!

Otocatchfish, I think you're right too. When my daughter's wisdom teeth were removed, I remarked at how fast he got them out. His answer was that he had gotten a lot faster than when he started, because he was so slow at first that he wouldn't make enough money.
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

Ole Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by otocatchfish
    Yea, Tell me about it.
    My tooth has ben hurting me since saterday and when I finnaly whent to the dentist it turned out to be my wisdom teeth.
    So to take them out it would cost 1,100, but as it turns out I am going to the dental school in the morning for a whopping 60 bucks! (All they charge is cost)
    And dont think that the dental school does bad work cause there students, cause they dont, My brothers have ben going there for years.

The only drawback is they are a little slow, but hey for 60 bucks I think I can handle it!
    my wife needs some work done where is this dental school and do they handle dentures