Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Homeowner on Lake Striker

nick

crazy homeowner on Lake Striker

me and my uncle were fishing on Lake Striker near Henderson, TX in Rusk County. we were having a pretty good day catching spotted bass on worms and spinnerbaits, plus some bluegills off the fly rods.

Anyway we were trolling back down the lake fishing piers and boatdocks when a homeowner came out to the water and got rude with us.

"DO YOU HAVE TO FISH IN MY FRONT YARD?" "HEY GO SOMEWHERE ELSE I DONT WANT YOU HERE" "CAN'T YOU JUST GET THE **** OUT OF HERE."

he even acted like he was going to call someone (who i dont know, i doubt any law enforcement officer would of taken him seriously) and he proceeded to stare us down until we were over to the next yard.

we were only in front of his house for 5 mins? (we didnt catch anything there and didnt look like we were anyway) .. we thought this guy was playing with us at first but he turned out to be extremely rude to us. i told my uncle to just get out of here because when people act that crazy you dont know if they will pull out of a gun.

what would you have done in that situation?

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme Jerkugot'im's Avatar

Wink I think I would post it under the "Cry Baby Section"

This is the Jokes section, you will get a better response in the other area. This is sort of a unversal problem with private land owners, we fisher-persons are often equated with the "Trash Slingers" that destroy the landscape, thus landowners load the 12 guage and fire in our general area. Maybe if we put the LARGE FishingTx Decal on the side of our boats, they wouldn't shoot so quick, you guys and gals in the yaks and floaties are on your own.
    Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

otocatchfish
    Well I dont exacltly know what I would do, But since you where not doin anyhting illegal, you should probally just tell the guy to take a hike.
    Or mabey just move on like nothin ever happend.

medic1292
    Me, i woulda stayed fishing! I have the privilage of fishing where i want, so long as i don't touch his/her property.Maybe thats not the thing to do but i have medical training!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    it would be nice if you could get a address of the home and ask the state of texas game warden to send him the information concerning his private land and our public waters that would be a good non confrintational way of telling him to back off or about 50 of us with boats could park off his bulkhead and fish and play rock n roll july 4th. Lord forgive me
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

otocatchfish
    Sounds like a good Idea Gator!

Layton

Iam in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:
    Quote Originally Posted by gator
    it would be nice if you could get a address of the home and ask the state of texas game warden to send him the information concerning his private land and our public waters that would be a good non confrintational way of telling him to back off or about 50 of us with boats could park off his bulkhead and fish and play rock n roll july 4th. Lord forgive me
    Lets do it Gator But I need to be in scotta 9669 sketter

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar
    Can I play loud JAZZ?

Seriously, if it's not too much trouble, getting the truth to this person would be the best thing, whether it's via a game warden or some other law enforcement. Inform him that his yard ends at the water line. Take your cell phone next time and YOU do the calling, call the law.
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

Ole Bill
    now me i would have sit there until he passed out with appoplexy from me catching his fish bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha really i would have grabbed this new cell phone my wife insists i carry instead of my trusty 9MM and called the law giving them information as to my location and guide them to the scene and gladly swore out a harrassment complaint against the creep. one thing is a fact he must be a democrat and like all of em in congress they think they own and dole it out for your use if they think you need it.

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Well, I am siding with Gator and WBF. I will bring some country music, to add to the jazz and rock. The game warden needs to be notified first, though. I wonder what kinda music he will bring.