Thread: Memorial Day

mikechell

Memorial Day

Memorial Day approaches, and I am a vet who has lost friends during my military career. It is also for Mom and Dad that I write this.

Monday is a day to remember those who are no longer with us. But it is not a day to remember the sadness we feel at their passing. It is a day to remember the happy times spent with them while they were here. It is a time to celebrate, with joy, the time we had with them.

Have your barbecues, your picnics, your days off doing nothing more than being with loved ones. Enjoy those activities to the utmost, knowing all along, that those who have passed on would be right there with us. We honor them by doing the things they would've loved to be doing.

Remember them, and celebrate them. Mostly, enjoy your time with those who are still here.

Happy Memorial Day!

medic1292
    HOORA!! Words cannot express what this day means to me, I lost my Favorite Uncle a few years ago. He was a 3 time war vet. Once in Korea and twice in Nam. His son is also a vet and we still have him. Many thanks to ALL VETERANS!

Ole Bill
    Just a quite hooya for the men that went into harms way and didn't come back and for my dad and uncles Semper Fi you served well thank you for the men and women of the armed forces on their way or already in harms way go with God and I'm proud to be an American because of you and I am proud of each and every one of you. To the Armed Forces of the United States of America I stand proud to call you my protector to you mikechell i say thank you for your dedication to this country and it's people. Last of all I thank the United States Military and the U.S. Navy for giving me a chance to serve and protect this wonderful country of ours.

T-111-5

Memorial Day

I don't think anyone could have said it any better...Thanks Micell ,Oile Bill and all the vets .Which I am proud to have been one...God Bless America.

NewCaneyFishingLady
    To the vets, thank you very, very much for protecting our great country.

Scotta
    Wow Mikechell that was terrifically worded and couldnt of been said better. THANKS!!!!!