Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ice

NewCaneyFishingLady

Ice

As some of you know, I don't usually complain about little things. This is just crawling under my skin though.

Last week, I went by my brother's, in Mont Belvieu, to exchange fish for venison, on my way to Louisiana. I stopped along the way to check out a few places I have been wanting to fish. When I got to Beaumont, I decided to buy some more ice to put on the vension, to keep it from thawing.

I stopped at a Valero, got a 14 pound bag and it cost almost as much as a gallon of gas. Made me sick, because I know of several places to get a 20 pound bag for .99. If I had seen a grocery store, near there, I would have got it there.

john
    You weren't forced to buy it were you?

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Read it again, John. I needed it!!

otocatchfish
    Yeah thats a terrable price, I always try to get mine at the Exxon station in new caney, its the one at 1485 and 494 its .99 for 20lbs

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    ncfl you was just a hop skip and jump from gatorland should have hollared i know where to buy. brookshires had 20# for .99 then raised price to almost $2.00 then cut to 16# but sales hurt them so there at 16# for .99
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

NewCaneyFishingLady
    You are so right, Gator. I will do that, next time.

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Quote Originally Posted by otocatchfish
    Yeah thats a terrable price, I always try to get mine at the Exxon station in new caney, its the one at 1485 and 494 its .99 for 20lbs
    Thanks, I did not know they had ice for .99 there!! I will sure remember that.

reedlv jr.
    Man thats crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

otocatchfish
    Yeah its pretty bad when they charge you an arm & a leg for frozen water in a bag!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    whats worse than that back in the 70 who would think we would be paying 3.00 a gallon but worse figure what you pay for bottle water a gallon
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!