Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Love this Place

Senior Member Master in FishingTX muleherder's Avatar
    Yes May was a good month for me. And Broyles I have been the guy always looking for advise. Finally something clicked and it will for you too.

Most of the cats were caught in flooded weeds at the shoreline in 3 -4 ft of water. Throw chicken liver in little pockets at the edge of the weeds. The steadiest action at one time was right after dark and the next didn't turn on until right before sunrise. I'm guessing the cats are/were spawning there. I don't know where they are moving next.
    FishMaster 192
    Suzuki DF 115

My Stress Relievers

dpiper
    First word of advice is to not fish weekend days. Too much boat traffic. When:
    In general most productive trips on conroe are at night. Fall, Winter and Spring tend to yield better result than summer trips. My most productive trip, quanity wise, was night time fishing in the low 30s. Best trips with respect to quanity of large catfish for me have been Fall and Winter.

Bait:
    Bait is also important. I recommend Shad, bream, beef heart, gaspergoo for jug and trot line fishing.

Rest of year, along creek channels, submerged timber, road beds etc.

Depth:
    Winter deep;
    Spring shallow;
    Summer shallow to 20'. Be aware of the thermocline. Fish will die realtively quick if caught beneath the thermocline if not retrieved right away.
    Fall: 15 to 30+.

roadtrip57
    thanks Piper,, thats money in the bank advice,,every thing he said is by most fishermen guarded secrets to there success,, this is another example of one of the many quality members who selflessly give up years of knowledge for the asking,, ,HATS off to you Mr Piper great report ,,,maybe one thing else buddy up, safer, cheaper and more fun

Scotta
    Roadtrip I couldnt agree more. Hats off to Piper. Thanks!!!1

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme barrelbritches's Avatar

thanks

I agree , I always put myself in a place to learn more. That is the reason I am here to learn.
    I am a disable vet ,I am in Texas 50 miles south of dallas, I fish ceder creek , richland chambers, and Navarro Mills.