Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flounder help

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Bill Barrick's Avatar

Smile

06-07-07
    I have used the flounder pounder on the bottom and as mentioned before and a live bait above. Sometimes we caught fish on live shad--mullet and mud minnows. Once in a while the plastics caught some. I lean toward live bait. Several ol codgers at Sea Wolfe Park (wade fishing) talk about how long to wait before setting the hook after you feel the little subtle nibble. The one guy said to count to ten and another said count to 100. I think he was exaggerating some. ???? When you see someone else catching all the fish, it might pay to find out what they are doing. It may only be that you are just not holding your mouth right. BAWhhhhaaaaaaahaaaaaa
    Kermit the frog says " Time is fun when you are having flies. "

Be Positive-- I can do this!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Bill Barrick's Avatar
    What is "Trinity Sauce?" Ol Bill
    Kermit the frog says " Time is fun when you are having flies. "

Be Positive-- I can do this!!

Ole Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Barrick
    What is "Trinity Sauce?" Ol Bill
    that is diced tomatos with chopped onion celery and bell pepper a pinch of cayenne to taste and a pinch of salt if ya want it 1/4 teaspoon each of sweet basil oregano and tyme. stew in a pot for 15 to 20 minutes cool slightly and serve it spooned over the top of stuffed flounder. the onion celery and bell pepper is known in cajun cusine as the trinity and that is why it is called trinity sauce if ya want to use fresh herbs like i do then use 1/2 tsp. or a little bit extra of the three herbs. fresh herbs are not as strong as dried are

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler

Flounder

I like to go flounder gigging and I am looking for someone to rig out my boat with the rails, lights, and small motor needed for this type od fishing. I also like to shoot carp and gar and will use this boat for that also. Anyone have a recommendation that I could contact about getting this work done? Thanks, Catfishjon