Thread: I'm Tired, my neice sent this and it tells the story.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme Jerkugot'im's Avatar

Angry I'm Tired, my neice sent this and it tells the story.

I'm Tired"

Two weeks ago, as I was starting my sixth month of duty in Iraq , I was forced to return to the USA for surgery for an injury I sustained prior to my deployment. With luck, I'll return to Iraq to finish my tour.

I left Baghdad and a war that has every indication that we are winning, to return to a demoralized country much like the one I returned to in 1971 after my tour in Vietnam. Maybe it's because I'll turn 60 years old in just four months, but I'm tired.

I'm tired of spineless politicians, both Democrat and Republican who lack the courage, fortitude, and character to see these difficult tasks through.

I'm tired of the hypocrisy of politicians who want to rewrite history when the going gets tough.

I'm tired of the disingenuous clamor from those that claim they 'Support the Troops' by wanting them to 'Cut and Run' before victory is achieved.

I'm tired of a mainstream media that can only focus on car bombs and casualty reports because they are too afraid to leave the safety of their hotels to report on the courage and success our brave men and women are having on the battlefield.

I'm tired that so many Americans think you can rebuild a dictatorship into a democracy over night.

I'm tired that so many ignore the bravery of the Iraqi people to go to the voting booth and freely elect a Constitution and soon a permanent Parliament.

I'm tired of the so called 'Elite Left' that prolongs this war by giving aid and comfort to our enemy, just as they did during the Vietnam War.

I'm tired of antiwar protesters showing up at the funerals of our fallen soldiers. A family who's loved ones gave their life in a just and noble cause, only to be cruelly tormented on the funeral day by cowardly protesters is beyond shameful.

I'm tired that my generation, the Baby Boom -- Vietnam generation, who have such a weak backbone that they can't stomach seeing the difficult tasks through to victory.

I'm tired that some are more concerned about the treatment of captives than they are the slaughter and beheading of our citizens and allies.

I'm tired that when we find mass graves it is seldom reported by the press, but mistreat a prisoner and it is front page news.

Mostly, I'm tired that the people of this great nation didn't learn from history that there is no substitute for Victory.

Sincerely, Joe Repya, Lieutenant Colonel , U. S. Army
    101st Airborne Division
    Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

OCOE
    TRUE STORY!

Repya, originally of Gary, Indiana, served as a lieutenant in charge of an infantry rifle platoon in Vietnam in 1970-71 and later became a helicopter pilot. Although he left active duty with the military in 1979 to pursue a civilian career, he continued to serve with National Guard units and re-entered active duty in 1990 to fly combat missions in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Iraq with the 1st Infantry Division during the Gulf War.

His military career didn't end there, however: In 2004, at the age of 58, Lt. Col. Repya once again came out of retirement and returned to active duty with the Army, serving as a senior liaison officer with the 101st Airborne Division in Iraq for six months before retiring again in November 2005. He wrote the "I'm tired" message reproduced above, expressing his disappointment with public support for the U.S. military mission in Iraq, just after returning to the U.S. from Iraq that year.

The resurgent circulation of the "I'm Tired" message on the Internet in April 2007 was likely spurred by the fact that Repya, who now lives in Eagan, Minnesota, and has played an active role in Minnesota politics for the last decade, announced on 10 April 2007 that he would challenge incumbent Ron Carey for election as chairman of the Republican Party of Minnesota.

Ole Bill
    I would rather see a man like that challenge the idiots that are running for the presidency. He would definately get my vote. As for the I'm Tired essay I can relate to and understand his sentiments exactly. The words spoken in that story tell a truth that is hard to bear. It is sad that a country this great has to be run by perverted idealistic greedy individuals who consider themselves above the law and the trust of the people. When will the people of this country stand up and say enough is enough and turn these power hungry self centered egotistical morons out of office and elect officials to represent us that has integrity honor and the guts to do what must be done. Once again the democrats in office are trying to place so many restrictions on this war right or wrong that there is no way that it can be won. We started this war in Iraq with the conception that it was over run with weapons of mass destruction only to find out that there supposedly isnt any. I dont believe that for a minute. The thing is we are there we are involved and it is imparative that we finish or loose the respect of the world forever. This country turned its back on Viet Nam and walked away when it could have won if the military was running the show. Now it is doing the same thing to the Iraqi people if we set on our lazy hineys and let it. I say enough is enough and once again it is time to clean house and serve notice to the government that we the people are the government and they are the servants of the people. Jerkugot'im i thank you for this post and say that everyone should read this and reflect on the fact that if it isnt won there it will come over here so oil your weapons or prepare to be a sheep in the flock. OCOE thanks for the follow up on a true American soldier it makes me proud to be an American when people like him speak their minds and let the people know how they feel and how sorry some of the people in this country truely are. Sadly they have a right to feel that way by our laws and the bill of rights but i say they shouldnt have the right to liberty if they didnt earn it either by giving of themselves in the armed forces or service in some way to this country that benefits everyone. Joe Repya, Lieutenant Colonel , U. S. Army you sir are a true American and I would be proud to render my salute to you at anytime. Hooya

T-111-5
    Boy you hit the nail on the head with that post. I truely thank you so very much.Ole Bill I am With you on your post %. THANKS IS ALL I CAN SAY...

Scotta
    "Speak the Truth or make your piece some other way!!!!!!"
    ---Godsmack

Thanks.