Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sprint

Scotta

Sprint

So, I have been a sprint customer for seven years, and have lost or broken my phone many times in that period. Anyway, I lost my phone again but when I called assurion who underwrites there equipment replacement program they want a notorized statement that it was lost a copy of my drivers licence etc. They have to send me the paperwork. What. I would understand if it was stolen or something but it's lost. LOST: Meaning, I dont know! It could be under my couch, at the bar, at the restraunt. I dont know! From an insurance fraud standpoint this is ridiculous. My cell phone bill averages 180 to 250 a month. This month it is 230 dollars. So, I call sprint. I can get out of my contract for 250 which is basically one month service. I ask why I shouldnt pay this and get out of my contract and get service elsewhere because, I can get a new phone dfor less that 100 dollars with new service. They kill you when you buy a new phone without service. The phone I had would be 649 dollars. Anyway sprint is gonna go through the rentition dept. and give me the rebates as if I was a new customer. Plus, they are gonna give me a hundred dollar rebate on top of that. Cost of my new phone without going through insurance? My 649 dollar phone is gonna cost sprint a penny. Thats right they owe me a penny. Priceless!!!!!!!!!

NewCaneyFishingLady
    You forgot to mention that 2 year contract they will make you fulfill when you get all those savings. Good luck. I have also been a Sprint customer for many years. When my contract ends July 20, I am changing to Cingular so I can talk to my son for free and should be able to get service at Stubblefield, too.

Scotta
    The 250 was to get out of the contract and the new phone they are giving is NOT requiring me to sign a new contract. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NewCaneyFishingLady
    A free phone and no contract, now that is amazing!! Good deal, Scott!!

greyloon
    Be wary of buying phone service from those kiosks in the mall. Most aren't part of the company they sell service for and the agreement is through another company. Should you drop the service before the end of the contract, you not only pay off the cell company, but the company that sold you the service. We learned that when my son dropped T-Mobile because of a stolen phone.

Ole Bill
    that is realy good infor gl i aint in to cell phones so i buy wal mart specials for 19.95 pay as you go phones no contracts no fuss no muss and got all the goodies like the high end phones like ncfl says all of them have areas they dont work in and some other ones do so i guess ya gotta by a bunch of em so you can get one to work where the other dont bwaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler
    I use Cingular and Sprint (company issue) both ,by far Cingular works in places where Sprint does not.
    I have tried the Walmart specials but you get what you pay for. Now since my company pays for them I don't worry.
    Big Bubba

greyloon
    I'm with Bill, the Wally World pay as you go phones work just fine. BTW, Sprint provides the network for Virgin Mobile. The only bad thing is Sprint bumps Virgin calls in favor of its own. Of course, I don't use it enough to justify a contract with another company. I've had few issues with not being able to make a call because of location, thought. The exceptions have been in some parts of E. Texas when none of the three different carriers of cell service in the vehicle could get a signal and out past Ozona on I-10.

Scotta
    They also just sent me a 200 dollar off certificate to upgrade my second line complimentary of th retintion department so I can get the razor or ther katana for 49.00 dollars or other phones for free. Some people dont like sprints customer service but I have nothing but rave reviews for them. They have done a lotr of credits to my account over the years and this is one more kudos I must give them for the way they helped me in this most frustrating of time. They didnt have to do anything and could of made me go through assurion to replace my phone. Then they went above the call of duty and are allowing me to replace my second line that has been lost since february and replacing my PDA phone for free. Three Cheers for Sprint.

Ole Bill
    yer right greyloon ya git what ya pay for and when mine dont work in some area so what i say but when ya pay them big bucks it had darn well better work where ever im at or it is not worth it and being retired and enjoying life dont need a co phone dont need a cell phone except to get a hold of a friend out on the lake and i can afford two wally worlds that will get out when the other doesnt so like bubba says ya git what ya pay for only exception is high dollar phones that dont get out bwaaaaaaaaaaaalalalalalalalalalalalalalal