Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm in Tejas!

Scotta
    Coffee shop in wimberley called "Jitters" has excellent coffee and pastries. Then thier is an old german restraunt called "Golden Spoon" has authentic german kolaches that look like pancakes but have the saausage and cheese inside served with grayish brown german mustard. Best food in my life after a day of flyfishing.

greyloon
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotta9669
    I have had some excellent trips on the blanco just south of marble falls but you have to be carefull about the landowners they act like they own the river. You want have that problem in wimberey where the blanco flows. I hear there is some special land rights in The town of blanco where the navigable waterways law doesnt apply and they do own the river on there property. Anyone know of this? And yes the hilll country is gorgeous!
    On some waterways in Texas, the land owners have deeds that go to the middle of the stream, but the water belongs to the state. You have the right to float it, but that right may be stepped on by an angry owner with a firearm or a deputy sheriff who's going to listen to the guy paying the taxes that pay his salary before you. Best to move along and not argue rights in those situations.