Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm in Tejas!

Steve

I'm in Tejas!

I'm in Marble Falls right now visiting family. Boy is the hill country gorgeous!

Steve

Senior Member Master in FishingTX tylerdan's Avatar
    How is the post-flood situation in Marble Falls?

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme Jerkugot'im's Avatar

Cool Welcome Home

Welcome Home and have an enchilada and a taco. Run down to the BlueBonnet and get some of that wonderful pie and coffee they sell.
    Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

Steve
    Dan, Everything is dried out and they're cleaning and repairing roads and stuff as far as I can tell. The water is back down to where it should now be according to my Mom.
    My mom lives in a rural area and her road has two low water crossings, well, it did have two of them that is. Fema has heavy equipment here and is rebuilding them right now.

Jerkugot'im, I might just do that. Where's the Bluebonnet located?

dpiper
    Welcome back to Rexas Steve. How long are you here and do you plan on coming to Houston?

Steve
    I'd like to have been able to go to Houston but I didn't have enough time due to my work. I would have enjoyed hooking up with someone here and fishing a little but I couldn't get enough time off do do it. As it is, I have to be back in Austin sunday morning for the flight back.

I plan on coming back sometime later this fall when I have more time off. Hopefully there'll be a muster to pop uparound then so that I could meet everyone here that I possibly can. That would be a blast =)

Steve

Scotta
    Good to see ya back in tejas Steve.

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Nice to have you Steve. Welcome to Texas. Hopefully, you're next vacation to Texas and the fall muster will coincide. That would be great. Enjoy your time off.

Scotta
    I have had some excellent trips on the blanco just south of marble falls but you have to be carefull about the landowners they act like they own the river. You want have that problem in wimberey where the blanco flows. I hear there is some special land rights in The town of blanco where the navigable waterways law doesnt apply and they do own the river on there property. Anyone know of this? And yes the hilll country is gorgeous!

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme Jerkugot'im's Avatar

Cool Bluebonnet Cafe

Going North on 281 1 block after the big bridge on the right, you have to drive around it, parking on the side and in the rear. Best Chicken and Dumplings and fried catfish available for that area. The pies are the closer tho, their buttermilk pie is like my grannies. I drive that 80 miles or so, just for pie and coffee every once in a while, when my blood sugar is low, LOL.
    Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.