Thread: Okay I'm stumped.........

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler TW's Avatar

Okay I'm stumped.........

A friend of mine sent me these pictures but he and nobody else that I've sent them out to can identify this fish..........anybody got any ideas? I promised my buddies that somebody on this board would have an answer by morning........I got faith in you folks! :-)

Senior Member Master in FishingTX Bill Barrick's Avatar
    Well, I saw a TV show that showed this fish being caught somewhere south of the border, maybe in Brazil???. Well, I have a good excuse for not remembering but also forgot what the excuse is. LOL Tiger fish maybe??
    That is about the finest set of eating gear I've seen. Actually those native people are a good clus as to where the fish was caught, and you are right about this site, someone and I am betting on one particular feller will give us the complete lowdown.
    Kermit the frog says " Time is fun when you are having flies. "

Be Positive-- I can do this!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar
    It's a hybrid striper/great white! LOL
    Googling tiger fish brought up the same pics.
    These same pics have been widely circulated lately on the net.
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

It just proves what I believe also..........if you want to know something about fish or fishing this is the place to come.
    I believe you are spot on with the Tiger Fish ID. Good job Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Barrick
    Well, I saw a TV show that showed this fish being caught somewhere south of the border, maybe in Brazil???. Well, I have a good excuse for not remembering but also forgot what the excuse is. LOL Tiger fish maybe??
    That is about the finest set of eating gear I've seen. Actually those native people are a good clus as to where the fish was caught, and you are right about this site, someone and I am betting on one particular feller will give us the complete lowdown.

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme
    Tiger fish are native to the Congo and Zambezi river systems in Africa.They also inhabit lakes that are fed by those systems.They are vary agressive and strong fighters.They have been known to hold on to a lure and be landed without actually being hooked.I don't think Jimmy Houston would kiss one of them before releasing it.
    You can't fix ,but you can vote it out!

OCOE
    We went into this a while back too ...

http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showt...ighlight=TIGER

My bad...........that's what I get for not doing my homework first!

Quote Originally Posted by OCOE
    We went into this a while back too ...

http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showt...ighlight=TIGER

OCOE
    I'm not gettin' on yer case, it's just Ole Bill had a BIG spiel about this critter on that last thread that was down right fascinatin'.

And like MikeChell said, us guys shouldn't go skinny dipping in waters where they live!
    Last edited by OCOE; 08-01-2007 at 12:18 PM.