Thread: Beyond the Breakers

Randy

Beyond the Breakers

A few weeks ago I broke down and got a saltwater stamp, heck the last time I was near salt water was when I graduated from high school, and I didnt fish that time..
    I can't describe the adrenalin rush taking a 12 kayak in and out of the surf zone, let alone when ya hook into a shark with a life size plastic top water lure AKA .....KAYAK

After about an hour thismorning I thought I was doing pretty good when I hooked my 2 foot shark,,, but mine didn't even warrant a picture when Rodney pulled in this 5 foot BUll.....

Yesturday morning was also productive...

Scotta
    Wow Randy that is cool. Be careful out there. I took mine past the surf a few times and it was fun riding the waves back in. Nice pictures. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar
    Randy, great report! I heard on KILT that the surf was great for specks a few days back. I have not fished the salt in a long time. Good luck.
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><

john
    Seems like the kayak has broudened your horizons.Sure looks like fun.
    Glad to see you back.

Randy
    can you say smile?

Scotta
    Too cool RANDY. Ironically, i am watcxhing Shark week.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX gator's Avatar
    dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun theme from jaws
    Give me a sense of humor, Lord;
    Give me the grace to see a joke,
    To get some humor out of life,
    And pass it on to other folk.
    Amen!

Ole Bill
    my sentiments to gator and i always watch shark week. all i can say is it looks like fun Randy after all nine million eskimos cant all be wrong bout using yaks in the ocean. heck it looks like so much fun i think i will rub noses with the ole woman and see if she will swing one for me to play with

Senior Member Master in FishingTX whitebassfisher's Avatar
    I think a kayak in the surf would be great! I used to wade fish the surf some years ago. It just seems like it would be neat in a kayak, like when green water is a cast distance too far out, or man-o-war are seen, etc.
    Whitebassfisher
    <)))><