Thread: Welcome bass33

saundecw

Welcome bass33

Welcome to FishingTx bass33!! Where do you fish? Share some fishing adventures and enjoy the site.

NewCaneyFishingLady

john
    Welcome to the site.

Scotta
    Welcome to fishingtx

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme barrelbritches's Avatar

welcome

welcome to fishing tx
    I am a disable vet ,I am in Texas 50 miles south of dallas, I fish ceder creek , richland chambers, and Navarro Mills.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Hi,

I'm glad you made it! Welcome to FishingTX.Com, the friendliest fishing forum you will find.

Take a look around and you'll discover a real community of very different people interested in aspects of fishing at all levels from beginner to expert. What unites everyone is the desire to communicate, share, learn and discuss fishing.

There Are Four Basic Rules

1. Talk about fishing,
    2. Read about fishing,
    3. Catching fish, and
    4. Having fun.

Whether you're here seeking help as a beginner to fishing, or are an advanced (PC) fisher person, it's great to see a new face. If you have a little knowledge share it with us. Update your profile info so people will know a little more about you. We will all thank you for helping us get to know you better.

Now, jump in and have a good time, while you are getting to know us.

Ole Bill

Talking

Welcome to fishingtx

bass33

Wow! What a welcome

First, let me just say that I find the stories, adivse and family oriented nature of this site to be fantastic.

I live in Missouri City, Texas and I love to fish. The problem is I do not have many friends that like to fish. I do have a fishing buddy and in the past we mostly have gone to San Luis Pass Fishing Pier.

Howerver, I always wanted to go freshwater fishing but was unaware of places to around Houston for good fishing. I took a trip to Mexico 2 years ago and fished in a reservoir. We camped for 3 days and had a wonderlful time. It was my first camping trip. Ever since then I have given a lot of my money to Gander Mountain, Bass Pro and Academy. Thankfully, my wife supports the habit. At the reservoir we fished from a canoe and caught many bass over the 3 days.

Lately, I have been using the internet to look at satellite maps around my area to look for parks and lakes to fish. This past couple of weeks a have been to several but I have not had much luck at these parks.

I did take my nephew who also likes to fish to a private fishing place called 7 lakes in Damon Texas. We caught some bass, catfish and breem. My nephew also caught a 21" bass from a lake behind a friend of mine's house. I have a pic and I will try to post if I can. My friend is real lucky in that the lake holds bass, catfish and sometimes and alligator or two.

I have several rods and reels and lately have taken a liking to ultralite equipment. I have a Shimano Curado, BassPro ProQualifer and Abu Garcia Baitcast reels. For spinning I have mainly Shimano Spirex reels and Pfluegger. For rods, I have All-Star, Castaway, and St.Croix. Needless to say, I have everything you can think of for tackle (lures, tools, baitkeepers, waders, etc.) except for a boat.

I am thinking of becoming a member at the fishing club because is close to home and I know I can always catch fish. Howerver, its been a goal of mine to fish in places like Fayette lake and so forth.

Thanks again for the welcome, I hope I can fish with some of you in the future.

bass33

Layton
    A BIG welcome to fishing tx.