Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jury is in for Vick Trial

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme Jerkugot'im's Avatar

Cool Jury is in for Vick Trial

The Federal Jury is in for the Micheal Vick Trial.
    Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

NewCaneyFishingLady
    From what I have seen recently of this guy, HE makes me sick!! I hope his jury is FULL of animal lovers, which, by the way, includes you and me.

Scotta
    I love animals and what he is doing is apalling but from someone who works with addicts caught up in the judicial system , they are being rough on him for who he is. The majority of offenders in this same situation the case would of stayed a state charge and since he has never been in trouble would of more than likely got something in the neighborhood of 3 to 5 years probation. I know it's sickening to think of these dogfights, but the reality is that it goes on everyday and the majority of people that are caught are treated A LOT less harshly than what is happening to him. Doesnt condone his behavior but he is being treated unjustly, not in the magnitude of what he did, but in what the average Joe would of got. in his situation. Please dont respond harshly! I surely dont condone this behavior!!!! I just speak from what I have seen happen in the judicial system. Love you guys and them dogs!
    Last edited by Scotta; 08-24-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Ole Bill
    duh who is micheal vick and what did he do

OCOE
    Since he is in 'the dog house', it looks like they have assembled a jury of his peers ...

Senior Member FishingTX Angler Supreme Jerkugot'im's Avatar

Cool mr. Micheal Vick, formerly with the Atlanta Falcons, superstar

MR. Vick financed dogs for fighting across state lines. He also killed a few dogs himself by hanging and drowning. It became a Federal case quickly due to the state line thing, then all his buddies who didn't have any money turned on him due to the Federal Laws on Organized Crime Laws. And that Old Bill was who Mr. Vick was.
    Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Honestly, I don't view this as a joke and I was hoping it would not come up.

Scott, I agree with you about the media coverage because of him being some sort of super hero. Also, in this media coverage because of their unlawful acts are the richer people, i.e., OJ, Paris Hilton, Nichole Richey, etc.

I wish the judges would give harsher punishments to celebrities because this is what our children are seeing on tv these days. Children do not understand "the money talks" phrase and they grow up thinking that they can get away "with it".

Scotta
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkugot'im
    MR. Vick financed dogs for fighting across state lines. He also killed a few dogs himself by hanging and drowning. It became a Federal case quickly due to the state line thing, then all his buddies who didn't have any money turned on him due to the Federal Laws on Organized Crime Laws. And that Old Bill was who Mr. Vick was.
    This happens all the time between Lousiana and Texas, I have a client that has been busted 2 times for this and he got probation once and then had his probation extended a year for the second offence and got another 4 years probation ran concurrent with the extended first probation. All that says he got a total of 4 years probation for fighting dogs after being caught twice. He is from beaumont and typically goes to louisiana where he owns land. I did a search earlier at work and I can not find a time where the feds got involved in a typical case that was similiar. They typically left it up to the state where the arrest was made. I will do some more research. Sorry about this but it happens every day and typically the punishment does not fit the crime. He probable was involved in the transportaion and financing and gambling of dog fights. I really dont believe that he personally drowned or hanged any dogs. Just believe he wouldnt have the time and if he was operating an operation wouldn't he have someone hired to do this sort of thing. Anyway, it doesnt excuse this barbaric behavior. However, life is life and we all make mistakes. The behavior is despicatable, however we all make mistakes of different magnitudes and we all deserve a chance to turn our mistakes in learning experiences. Stupid? Yes! And no if he only gets a year that is not a life sentence and probable appropiate but.................I believe everyone deserves a second chance to right there wrongs. I know I did! He gets what he gets but lets not let the media turn him into the scapegoat for all thats wrong with our judicial syatem trying to justify sentences vs. overcrowding against available resources.

Scotta
    I do concede that point NCFL, he is a role model and it might help explain the severity to our youth. I only am speaking as a devils advocate and the situation HE is facing not how it shapes our society. Charles Barkley said it best, "I am no role model so dont try to make me one. Parents need to be the role models." Anyone at any given time has the ability to let us down and fall short of the glory we place on them. Parents must take responsibilty for being role models and teach children to "DO AS I DO!" not just as I say. Actions that children see speak volumes compared to words.

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Only God is our perfect example to live by.