Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cownose Stingray?

al
    This sounds terrible, but one of the rays in my cooler had a miscariage. I had a baby ray in the cooler that I`m sure was from the stress. I didn`t even think about keeping it for consumption, but I`m sure the 8 inch ray would have been very tender. I kinda felt bad about it, but thats what we do as humans. My son even understands that the meat that we eat is from somthing we kiled. Even if it involves the young ones. The ray tasted good and I liked the texture so no complaints here. My son was complaning last night because I didn`t fry the rest of the ray, but I did fry the last of the cats I cought with **** and had a great meal for the family with onion rings and fried potatoes.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX CajunDan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by al
    Dose it turn out spicy? My girl dosent like spicy food like my son and I do. So dose boiling changes the flavor, or the texture as well. I kinda liked the chicken breast texture as well as the rest of the pack did. Is smaller Ray more tender?(more like fish,Flaky?)
    the spice depends on how much you put in the water. You crank the cayenne up and yup it'll spice it up. The meat will have the same consistancy, boil it for 5-7 minutes then let sit for 3-5. Boiling it does keep it moist.
    Phish On!