Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Houses are money pits.

greyloon

Houses are money pits.

Only exceeded by boats, horses, boozing, gambling, and fooling around. We're into what seems to be the 5th year of a two week remodeling project and find new ways to spend money each day. Does it ever end? $400 to move water and waste lines, tools for removing old vinyl floors, this and that. Worst of all, there goes my fishing for some time to come. :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:
    Oh well, come **** and probably high water, I'm off to the Brazos out of Marlin on the 5th...sorry, can't pass up this trip and won't be able to make the muster. Then, the next weekend, its the Trinity float trip. Gotta hit that Brazos, big to do with friends and fishing for river gator gar and catfish.

Senior Member Master in FishingTX KingTut's Avatar
    The trick is to keep your wife away from all those shows on the Home and Garden Channel!
    Last edited by KingTut; 09-18-2007 at 03:15 AM.
    "Old Guys Rule"

Scotta
    Stay out of home depot

Ole Bill
    bwaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh thats easier said than done tut we aint even got our home on the property yet and the wife is already thinkin of ways to change it around. ya gotta get like me give her a kiss tell her you love her and then go fishin

greyloon
    [QUOTE=KingTut]The trick is to keep you wife away from all those shows on the Home and Garden Channel![/QUOTE

How do you keep a woman from watching HGTV? At least she doesn't do the Reliant or convention center home and garden shows. Now, simple colors like black and white won't do, gotta be stainless. Sink faucets...that $59 jobber just won't draw the water as well as that $175 one (turned her away from the $250 one, thankfully). Corian, nope, laminate, nope, gotta be rock of some type. We have a perfectly good micriowave, but, no, gotta get an over the range one. I think the new dishwasher has a cycle that picks the dishes up off the table and puts them in the washer. It must, it cost enough. And, we haven't even gotten to flooring and lighting. How many ways are there to spend money in a kitcheN"

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Don't you need a combo microwave/convection oven, some new cabinet and drawer hardware, and some pull out shelving????

Senior Member FishingTX Skilled Angler skeeter21's Avatar
    Loon,
    I feel your pain. I just bought a new place accross the lake and for the past 2 weeks I've been preping this house for sale. I close on the new place in a little over a week, then I get to MOVE......and then start the long hunny-do list on the new place. I hope our wives never meet..LOL
    Skeeter

greyloon
    Quote Originally Posted by NewCaneyFishingLady
    Don't you need a combo microwave/convection oven, some new cabinet and drawer hardware, and some pull out shelving????
    The new stainless steel ,ceramic cooktop, electric range has the convection oven. The cabinets will be Blush Auburn Cherry finish, 42" for the uppers. The lowers will include a small island with drawers for pots/pans as well as a corner cabinet with two huge Lazy Susan shelves and she got a big base cabinet with the pull outs. Its expensive to get the pull outs and big drawers for pots/pans. But, she had them in one house we lived in and I have to agree, they make life easier, especially when you realize that the old knees won't take much more crawling around on to get that deep fry fish pot out. She's looking for a clean modern style in the kitchen, so I lucked out on the draw handles/pulls. They weren't that expensive...for stainless steel.

We didn't get the fridge that talks to you, couldn't take one more computerized voice in my life. I figure if I keel over dead, they can just flip the fridge over and do the autopsy on the door. The kitchen was in serious need of updating, or we needed to move. Cheaper to remodel.

Now comes the dilemma. Do you think Momma is gonna to let Daddy fry fish on her new range?

Ole Bill
    aint no doubt in my mind if ya make it perfectly clear that no fish frying means no more remodeling course being the woman that she is she will come up with something you just cant resist and you will remodel whether ya git ta fry fish or not in the new kitchen bwaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

NewCaneyFishingLady
    If she likes fish, she just may. It sounds like y'all have created a beautiful kitchen.