Thread: Welcome PappaJohn

saundecw

Welcome PappaJohn

Welcome to FishingTx PappaJohn!! Where do you fish and what do you fish for? Share some fishing adventures and enjoy the site.

Member Hooked on FishingTX
    Welcome PappaJohn.

john
    Welcome to fishingtx!

NewCaneyFishingLady
    Hi PappaJohn. Welcome to FishingTX.com!!

fishin widower
    welcome to fishingtx

Ole Bill

Talking

Welcome to fishingtx

<A href="http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb097_ZU&utm_id=7925" target=_blank>

Registerd user Master in FishingTX dwaynez's Avatar
    Welcome to FishingTx
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Ms Pawpop
    welcome PappaJohn

PappaJohn
    Quote Originally Posted by saundecw
    Welcome to FishingTx PappaJohn!! Where do you fish and what do you fish for? Share some fishing adventures and enjoy the site.
    Thanks for the welcome folks. I just registered last night & just checked the forums this morning for the 1st time.

I live in Tyler & I mostly fish with a friend over at lake Palestine. I have just recently returned to fishing after a 20-year hiatus so I'm about as green as green can get. I started back to fishing at the end of last summer.

I'm only able to get out on the lake about 3-4 times a month but I tend to have a good time whenever I'm out there. We just went out on the 4th of this month looking for crappie & we ended up catching bass instead. My friend caught 3 stripers including a 4lb8oz and a 4lb12oz. We just ate 'em last night--good stuff, striper! I caught 1 striper which was about 12 inches so I tossed it back and a large mouth bass of about the same size which I also tossed back.

We have been fishing mostly Saline Bay, the 155 bridge & everything to the east of the bridge on back to the dam.

I'm glad there is a location-specific forum such as this and I like all of the categorized sub-topics as well. I can see that I'm going to have a lot of reading to do...which is good. I need all of the advice I can get since I'm the noobie here

Anyway, thanks for the welcome & I hope to see you on the waters some time. The next time I'll be out on the lake will be around the weekend of the 21st.

PappaJohn

Senior Member Master in FishingTX
    Welcome aboard.