Friday night the wind and rain ran us off the lake. At 8:00 this morning Levi ( my 8 year oid son) and I left to finish setting our mudcatjugs. We ran into Mudcat at the Lake Houston Marina. It sure felt good to see a fellow FishinTx. com member on such a dreary day. The wind was southeast at 15 to 20, cloudy and looking like rain any minute. Our kind of day except for the wind. But Heck, the ghost (our boat) could handle it! We put out three more jugs, picked up two nice cats, lost the third trying to get him in the boat and three twist offs. I am thinking this may turn out to be a pretty good day considering we were fishing a area we didn't want to because of the wind. Then Levi says "Dad, that man on the bank is waving at us to come over". He told us that we needed to take cover because there was a strong thunderstorm in Humble headed this way. We then headed for the MaCay Bridge when we see Mudcat on the north side so we went and told him about the storm. We could see the dark black clouds to the west and northwest. We returned to the bridge figuring on dropping anchor and sit the storm out. The wind my guess was 30 plus out of the south. I threw the anchor out on the south side in hopes of drifting back under the bridge but it was more like I put up a sail. By the time I got the anchor back in the boat we were out from under the bridge on the north side. Then the wind changed to the north fast and a lot harder. I am thinking 40 plus. I knew we had to get to the bank or we would be sunk. Well, we made it to the bank under the bridge and out of the boat. Well, for future reference there is nothing to tie off to. By this time the rain was blowing horizontal under the bridge like there was no bridge at all and taking everything I had to hold the boat. About an hour later the wind laid so we moved back between the pilings and dropped anchor. Levi was telling me let's go run our jugs! I said no we better wait a little longer. Then the second storm hit, not near as strong as the first. But the waves were coming over the bow because of the anchor. I tried to pull up the anchor but couldn't. So I tied a jug to the line and threw it overboard, (another good use for mudcat flagging jugs). When we got the boat on the trailer I thanked the Lord twice once for Levi and once for me. I also asked him to slap mother nature for being so mean.(HAHA lol) My lesson in this is. A bridge can be a wonderful thing to hide under in a rain shower but in a storm it's not the place to be. It is like a wind tunnel. It increases the wind and water current through it making it a very dangerous place to be.