Mornin' folks.
Let me start by saying I hate snakes.
This morning I walked out to the pond to make a few mandatory casts before starting my chores. I saw a 4, maybe 5 footer crossing to the back. About a half hour later, I was going to walk out on the dock when I saw a smaller one exiting the vegetation by the bank. Usually I see them in the evening crossing from the back to the dock side of the pond. We have a million frogs here. Definite feeding pattern. I shot one about a month ago with a .40 cal loaded with shell shot at dusk.
My dilema. Folks, we are outside city limits. Gunshots are very common. I have a neighbor fairly close that I have yet to meet. I have a few "tools" that are more than capable of handling the snake issue. I mounted a tactical flashlight on the 870 express for just this reason. But I don't want to come across as a Rambo type. I bought a good pellet gun for this reason and sighted it in.
I want to introduce myself to the neighbors but they have 2 big dogs. Plus, I don't like bugging people. I got lazy and stopped carrying my pistol when I fish. Had I had it this morning, the small one by the dock would be turtle food now.
Any advice is appreciated.