Thread: Pine Island on Livingston

Pine Island on Livingston

Took my neighbor up for some exploring on the lake Saturday. We got there at noon and the water was like glass with no wind all day. We started at the state park on the east side but couldn't put in there due to the low water. We went up the road to Beacon Bay and were able to launch Blue there. We went straight out to the Pine Island to have a look around. The beach around Pine Island went from a few feet wide pre-Rita to about a hundred yards now. I couldn't believe how low the water was. There were tons stickups on the north side of the island where there were none before. We trolled a couple of pet spoons around the island as we explored but had no hook ups. Didn't expect to this time of year but you never know. We rode across the lake to Cape Royale to have a look around and saw the beach where Wolfe Creek Park use to be.
    We then rode up to the old 190 road bed which use to be in around 12 ft of water buy is now about 7. Lots of stickups and tree tops on the way up the lake where there used to be none. It was kinda spooky not knowing what was just under that slick surface. We stayed close to the river bed to be safe from losing a lower end on the boat.
    Trolled around the ditches on the road bed and hooked up with one fat white bass and no more. The white are usually up in the far north end of the lake this time of year but we ran out of time to go looking for them because the wife called and said the neighbors were boiling bugs at home so we left around 5 o'cock. I will be back up there weekend after next and try to go up the river to the jungle if it's not to dangerous. You can get around this lake with no problems but you have to be carefull and I don't recomend going out at night.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I hope this works. My first time trying to post pics. The fist pic is Beacon Bay. 2nd Kevin and his 1st white bass. 3rd & 4th are pine island.

Thanks Nautic for the post and pictures!!
    Make my day!

Great report nautic! Looks like you got the picture taken down. Won't be long until you have a camera in each hand just like ol' Gentleben. HeHeHee
    IF You Don't Go, You Won't Know

dpiper Guest
    Thanks for the report.

Nice Post, thanks for the info
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
    -Mark Twain

Nice pictures. That is a nice looking marina.