Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Fish Safe to Eat

Cab Craig is offline Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler

Are Fish Safe to Eat

I've caught my share of fish from Lake Houston this year, mainly up the East side during the white bass run. People have asked me if the fish out of Lake Houston are safe to eat. Heck if I know, I say, but lots of folks fish there. Does anyone know of any actual scientific sources that can verify whether the fish are safe to eat or not? Thanks!

Catfish Jac Guest
    Check out this link and scroll down to "Recommendations"

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/HAC/PHA/lak...on/hou_p1.html

JAC

NewCaneyFishingLady Guest
    I have enjoyed all the fish I can eat from Lake Houston.

You can get the Texas fish consumption reports from:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...sumption_bans/

Hope that helps.

Tell them ! throw dem all back !!!
    Make my day!

NewCaneyFishingLady Guest
    Yeah, THROW THEM BACK!!

The only thing I have seen, it has caused my hair to fall out and now ben has a spelling deficit disorder. Tell them to stay away from our jugs !!!!!!

All kidding aside at one time it was very polluted with the sewers backing up and running over during a large rain fall.. You could litterally smell and see the raw sewage backin out of the man covers and running down the ditch to the lake ..
    i griped and complained to the city of houston and everyone else
    I could raech, funny thing is Dwayne Dustafino, Marvin Zingller nor Gerald Rivera never did a story on it but the city of houston did build a bigger sewarge treatment facility.
    I imagin there are still some places that dump their raw sewer into the lake. .
    Go up the river and check it out is Kingwood sewers big enough to handle the growth ?? who knows and no one really cares cause they only run over when it rains and that's an act of God..
    They would not come out and sample when it was rainning cause they would get wet

Would i eat the fish out of the lake ??I imagine all the lakes have the same problem when the poopers get more than the pooper holdsers can contain..........

Anyne who lives in the city of houston drinks the water and washes with it, give me a break and you won't eat the fish??
    Make my day!

lost-in-salt Guest

Cab - Send me an email

Cab - This is Russell Traylor (from hunting at Georgetown). If this is the same Cab, and I am sure it is, send me an email at rustraylor@hotmail.com

I know live at Lake Houston and fish it a lot.

Cab Craig is offline Senior Member FishingTX Accomplished Angler
    Thanks for the input everybody. I was wondering if eating the fish had anything to do with Ben's spelling.

Bwahahahahh no ca bthe raeson my stuf fis so messed u psome toimes iis taht i have a sereve case of carpaltunnel syndore amd wilk llnoiyt have the moperated on cuase ing i skeered!!
    Make my day!