PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Welcome deral

NewCaneyFishingLady
03-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi deral. Welcome to the FishingTX family!

BassingtxLady
03-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi,

I'm glad you made it! Welcome to FishingTX.Com the friendliest fishing forum you will find.

Take a look around and you'll discover a real community of very different people interested in fishing at all levels from beginner to expert. We seem to be primarily about catfish, but what unites everyone is the desire to communicate, share, learn and discuss fishing.

Whether you're here seeking help as a beginner to fishing, or are an advanced (PC) fisher person, it's great to see a new face. If you have a little knowledge share it with us.

Now, jump in and have a good time, while you are getting to know us.

deral
03-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Mornin’, NewCaneyFishingLady and RodSmith,
Appreciate the cordial welcome!
It’s always pleasant to chat with “Fellow Fishing Folks”!
In a nutshell - - here’s how I “fit in”;
I’m 63 years old, I’ve only been married for 42 years, but it sure seems like a lot longer!
I am a teacher at a local college.
Primary interests; fishing and genealogy
‘Nuff said! Don’t want to put you to sleep!
Looking forward to future correspondence with potential fishing partners, and thanks again for the friendly welcome!
Deral

tylerdan
03-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Welcome Deral. You have found a fine bunch of folks on this board. Where is your favorite fishing hole?

greyloon
03-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Welcome Deral.

deral
03-03-2008, 08:00 AM
Tylerdan,
Thanks for the kind welcoming words!
I live in the DFW Metroplex so I do most of my fishing out of my kayak in the local lakes like Joe Pool, Arlington, Eagle Mountain, Ray Roberts, and others.
Joe Pool is not well known for much of anything, but I have done quite well there on Black Bass.
When time and gasoline expenses allow it, I like to hit Lake Fork and Toledo Bend. Plus, I go Crappie fishing quite a lot with fishing partners at Ray Roberts and Lake Waco.
I caught my first-ever saltwater fish a couple of years ago and fell head-over-heels in love with saltwater fishing. I now head to the coast at any opportunity! I haven’t yet had the chance to take my kayak down there, but I hope to remedy that this summer!
So, how ‘bout you? By virtue of proximity, do you get the chance to go to Lake Fork or Toledo Bend very often? I would think it would be considered unpatriotic to live that close to both those lakes and not hit them as frequently as possible!
The good side is, you live in the pretty part of Texas with a lot of good lakes close by!

Greyloon,
Is it safe to assume you are the same greyloon as on the TKF site? I’ve had the honor of having a few chats with you there and am looking forward to continuing to do so here!
I appreciate the welcome!
Deral

tylerdan
03-03-2008, 08:11 AM
deral, Since moving to Lake Palestine six years ago, I have not been to many other lakes. After 32 years of driving 60-100 miles to fish in the Austin area, I find that it is hard to drive much further than the mile to our neighborhood ramp! A strong abhorrence of crowds is another issue--it now bothers me to see more than few boats at at time on the lake. So I just stick to Palestine. Never even driven up to Fork. Palestine is an good lake, has a good variety of fish and seldom fail to catch them.

There is another saltwater kayak fisherman on this board. He used to do primarily catfish till he discover the yak and saltwater. Here is a link to one of his posts. You might wish to chat with him:

http://www.fishingtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9539

deral
03-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Tylerdan,
I'm afraid I couldn't do what you are doing! If I lived that close to a lake like Palestine, I wouldn't be worth a darn for anything! Most likely, I would be fired for missing too many classes!
I've never written to Randy personally, but I have seen a bunch of his posts and photos on the kayak fishing website! I've decided I simply don't like the guy! I'm too jealous!
JUST KIDDING, OF COURSE!!!!:icon_wink: :)
Randy has posted some super-fantasic "phishing photos" that would make anyone jealous, or at least, envious!
Besides, if I quit liking people just because they can out-fish me, I wouldn't have any friends left!
Deral

Ole Bill
03-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Welcome to fishintx we got a lot of different ways and if ya git to know some of them ya might just find some ya likehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cus/e_1_55.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZU)

greyloon
03-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Deral, its the same greyloon. These folks have good information on the freshwater I fish.

LuckyBass13
03-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Welcome to most friendly fishing site! You will find us very friendly.

deral
03-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks again to everyone for the warm welcome! I sincerely appreciate it!
Ole Bill, now you’re sounding like my dad! He used to say, “ We’ll treat you so many different ways, you’ll have to like some of ‘em!”
Greyloon, here’s hoping we continue our chats! I’ve always found your suggestions and ideas to be quite beneficial! Thanks a bunch!
LuckyBass13, that is one fine looking Black Bass you’ve got there! Details???
Deral

BeauBass
03-04-2008, 02:17 PM
:welcome: to the best site!

horseshoe77338
03-04-2008, 03:20 PM
welcome to the site hope you enjoy as much as i have

deral
03-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Oh, OK! Now I get it!
Somewhere out there, there is this really monstrous Black Bass that everyone on this site is passing around so everybody can have their picture taken with him! Right?
JUST KIDDING, BEAUBASS AND HORSESHOE!!!:) :) :)
I gotta say to you both, that is a heck of a hunk fish you are hanging onto! Care to share the details?
And to both of you, thanks for the welcoming!!!
Deral

dwaynez
03-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Welcome to FishingTx

deral
03-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks, Dwaynez!
You can't get much more "rookie" than this, but I'm already having a ball!
Deral:)

john
03-05-2008, 12:05 PM
Welcome to the site and jump right in.

deral
03-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Appreciate it, John!
I noticed by your avatar that you got your turn to have a picture taken with that monster, too!
STILL KIDDING!!!:)
Nice fish!
Deral