PDA

View Full Version : DVR change

NewCaneyFishingLady
04-09-2008, 08:43 AM
I want to give everyone a heads up. My DVR was having issues, i.e., not recording total programs. I called Directv and they sent me a new DVR for $19.95 shipping cost. I spent yesterday hooking it all up, setting it up and activating it, assuming that I could hook up the old one to the tv, like a disc player, and watch my recordings. WRONG!

I called Directv again to ask about how to hook it up to be able to watch these shows and movies that are on it. He told me that the only way to watch those is to hook it up to the satellite dish again and re-activate it for an additional $4.95 per month.

I was upset, bit the bullet and decided not to watch them.

john
04-09-2008, 08:59 AM
What is a DVR? We don't get that high falutting stuff here.

matt78133
04-09-2008, 09:47 AM
digital video recorder.... a must have allows you to record all your favorite shows without having to set timers by time of date, just select the show then record all then your done

also records live tv while you watch it so you can rewind something you missed or press pause to get a beer.

Yes unfortunately they deactivate the box when you replace it, sometimes the not recording all shows can be fixed by powercycling the dct box but I assume they asked you to try that before they replaced the box.

I troubleshoot these box issues all day long except for a catv provider. With ours though once we deactivate the box it wipes the hard drive, so even reactivating the box would not let you watch them.

Scotta
04-09-2008, 01:04 PM
They are perfect for sports. You can really break it down. It's one of those things you need John. lol

john
04-09-2008, 05:19 PM
I know what it is,its just for the high faluttin folks.I can't afford the good stuff.Hhaha

fishin widower
04-09-2008, 05:34 PM
she uses this machine to record her favorites, so she can spend all available hours fishing. duh

kingwoodcatfisherman
04-09-2008, 05:47 PM
DVR, I thought you were talking about my wife's driving fast to the mall when there is a sale... DVR -- Driving Very Radically.... :) :) :) :)
I have three dvr's from direct tv and two do not work. I need to put that on my list of to do's under catch catfish ! The problem has been that when I call, I always get impatient because they put ya on hold for a long time. Let us know how it goes NCFL . good luck !

Blast&Cast
04-09-2008, 07:33 PM
We have went through about a dozen of the Direct TV DVR's over the last two years....they last about two months before they quit working. When they send you a replacement, it is a refurbished piece of garbage.........

mikechell
04-09-2008, 08:42 PM
David ... I hear you are getting almost as bad ... fishing all the time, hiding your favorite hole locations from the Wife ... etc, etc.

john
04-09-2008, 08:48 PM
she uses this machine to record her favorites, so she can spend all available hours fishing. duh
She needs to forget about tv and figure out the Garmin.:help:

matt78133
04-09-2008, 08:59 PM
me too. i can control all 5 computers in my house from remote locations (including snooping on what my kids are doing on the computer by viewing their screen without them knowing ..well they know i can just not when i do it that is my right as a parent a tradeoff on having internet in your room)

, see whos accessing my wifi network and what sites they are going to. I have ran ethernet jacks to every room in the house and two in my living room if you include my xbox 360. My computer emails me if it detects motion in any room in the house during the day----and i still cant figure out which dots on my depth finder are fish and which are gravel....lol

That being said anytime you need any computer related help and can offer something good fishing related in exchange hit me up!!!! I can fix almost any computer / internet related issue Including home networking and more

matt78133
04-09-2008, 09:08 PM
That being said anytime you need any computer related help and can offer something good fishing related in exchange hit me up!!!! I can fix almost any computer / internet related issue Including home networking and more

Hint hint medulla if your computer ever breaks and you want to take me and my boy juggin, ill come fix it in a flash or bring you one that works!!!! lol :lighting: