PDA

View Full Version : Check This Out!

Catzilla
04-11-2008, 09:01 PM
I just stumbled across this on the web. I don't know if any of you have seen it, but it is disturbing.

http://www.boatblue.org/takeaction.aspx

Catzilla
04-29-2008, 09:29 PM
I have copied and pasted an email sent to me in response to my concern over the above mentioned legislation. I was pleased to get a response and even more so a favorable response.

Dear Mr. Buechmann:

Thank you for your recent letter in support of recreational boating. As a member of the Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus, I appreciate knowing of your interest in this matter.

Recreational boating is part of our proud Texas heritage, and we must strike a balance between the need for environmental regulations and leisure activities. The Environmental Protection Agency regulates large point source polluters, such as commercial shipping vessels, and cruise and cargo ships, under the Clean Water Act. Since 1973, recreational boats have been exempted from obtaining certain permits used to regulate these large vessels. You may be certain that I will continue to support legislative efforts that fully and permanently restore a long-standing regulation that excludes recreational boaters and anglers from federal and state permitting requirements under the Clean Water Act.

I appreciate having the opportunity to represent the interests of all Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN
United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Tel: (202) 224-2934
Fax: (202) 228-2856
http://www.cornyn.senate.gov

decook2k
04-30-2008, 04:27 AM
Catzilla I just got my response back yesterday also. I sent my email couple of weeks ago so it looks like Sen. Cornyn had to have a look at the bill and craft a response. Goos I know where he stands but I have no response back from Sen. Hutchison.

-Dave

gator
04-30-2008, 07:07 AM
Catzilla I just got my response back yesterday also. I sent my email couple of weeks ago so it looks like Sen. Cornyn had to have a look at the bill and craft a response. Goos I know where he stands but I have no response back from Sen. Hutchison.

-Dave
same here same email