PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Welcome SwampRat

saundecw
04-16-2008, 05:41 AM
Welcome to FishingTx SwampRat!! Where do you fish and what do you fish for? Share some fishing adventures and enjoy the site.

Ole Bill
04-16-2008, 06:51 AM
Welcome to fishintx we got a lot of different ways and if ya git to know some of them ya might just find some ya likehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cus/e_1_55.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZU)

LuckyBass13
04-16-2008, 07:27 AM
Welcome to most friendly fishing site!!

john
04-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Welcome to fishingtx!

kingwoodcatfisherman
04-16-2008, 05:43 PM
Welcome to the site !

SwampRat
04-16-2008, 09:34 PM
Wow, thanks for the warm welcome. I was just meandering through the site and was quite surprised to see an entire thread for a Welcoming committee! Thanks!!

Although I've fished quite a bit over the years, the vast majority of my fishing time was spent in S. La. in the swamps and marsh, so getting accustomed to this reservoir fishing will be a little challenging. We're currently trying to learn a little bit about Conroe to teach the kiddos what fresh sac-a-lait (crappie) and catfish taste like. Success in terms of fish in the boat has been limited, but we've had a GREAT time being on the water as a family so we're learning and having a good time doing it.

Things we've learned:

- Get doughnuts on the way to the launch (makes these early wake-up calls a little easier to handle).

- Bring a variety of snacks in case the fish aren't biting....I would say bring more in case the fish are biting, but we haven't run into this issue just yet.

- DON'T forget son's tackle box on back of boat while leaving launch (:grrr: )

- Be SURE all tackle boxes, NETS, and everything else is secure before leaving launch. (:grrr: )

- If you are going to try a new route to the launch, take at least 1 minute to look at a map to familiarize yourself with the roads.

- A 3lb bass (given to us) in a live well will not bite any bait offering from two boys. Well, at least for the 1.5hrs that tests were conducted.

- 20mph north wind WILL aid a young guy's cast in achieving sufficient height/distance to make it on top of the roof of a boat house.

- Kids today have incredible eyesight and are completely in harmony with their rod and the marine environment...How else would they know that EVERY bite/nibble/bump was a HUGE fish. :scratchhead:

Thanks again everybody....

LAter

SwampRat!

RIP-N-LIP
04-16-2008, 09:41 PM
welcome to the site

john
04-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Thats great.If you got any questions just jump in and ask.

NewCaneyFishingLady
04-17-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi SwampRat. Welcome to the FishingTX family!

BassingtxLady
04-18-2008, 07:16 AM
Welcome aboard. You will enjoy the site.