View Full Version : Vehicles

Blast&Cast
05-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I am having some issues with my Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab....thinking about selling it or trading it in. Does anyone out there have a Toyota Tundra with the 5.7... Been comparing it to the other two truck makers ford and chevrolet ( dodge is out of the question ). From what I read, the toyota seems to be a decent truck.

HawgHunter
05-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I am having some issues with my Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab....thinking about selling it or trading it in. Does anyone out there have a Toyota Tundra with the 5.7... Been comparing it to the other two truck makers ford and chevrolet ( dodge is out of the question ). From what I read, the toyota seems to be a decent truck.

:icon_eek: TOYOTA! :icon_eek:....Ok....so I don't have any feedback on the Tundra, sorry....But that's cause I'm a Chevy man!:applause:

Blast&Cast
05-05-2008, 07:02 AM
:icon_eek: TOYOTA! :icon_eek:....Ok....so I don't have any feedback on the Tundra, sorry....But that's cause I'm a Chevy man!:applause:

Yes sir.....really looking hard at the Tundra. I have some issues with my Dodge, nothing major. Everytime it goes in for repairs, it means that the boat has to sit there while I wait to get it back. I have had Fords, and Chevys in the past, can't say that one is better than the other.....

What impressed me with the Toyota was the torque, horsepower, and hauling ratings - compared to the other 1/2 ton pick-up trucks, in my opinion they can't even come close to the Tundra.

Ole Bill
05-05-2008, 07:40 AM
Yes sir.....really looking hard at the Tundra. I have some issues with my Dodge, nothing major. Everytime it goes in for repairs, it means that the boat has to sit there while I wait to get it back. I have had Fords, and Chevys in the past, can't say that one is better than the other.....

What impressed me with the Toyota was the torque, horsepower, and hauling ratings - compared to the other 1/2 ton pick-up trucks, in my opinion they can't even come close to the Tundra.yea and they are made in the USA by Americans not canada and mexico

HawgHunter
05-05-2008, 09:17 AM
Dangit Bill....ya got me! Mine was made in Canada.:secret: Didn't know toyota was made in America....thought they were a product of China. Guess that would be a good thing....China product made better by hard working Americans.:applause:

JB....I've heard they have more torque and horsepower than the other full size trucks, but I don't think they've been on the road long enough to get a good reliability rating. And if they are anything like other Toyota vehicles, then repairs will be an arm and a leg.

Of course I don't really have any facts about the Tundra, and my outlook on them is clouded by Chevyism. Probably a good truck....

otocatchfish
05-05-2008, 09:36 AM
I know a couple people that have tundras and from what they say they are great trucks. In fact one of them traded in his chevy and he says it has way more pooling power. He has a 20' champion, and supposbly it pulls it up the ramp with ease.

Blast&Cast
05-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Dangit Bill....ya got me! Mine was made in Canada.:secret: Didn't know toyota was made in America....thought they were a product of China. Guess that would be a good thing....China product made better by hard working Americans.:applause:

JB....I've heard they have more torque and horsepower than the other full size trucks, but I don't think they've been on the road long enough to get a good reliability rating. And if they are anything like other Toyota vehicles, then repairs will be an arm and a leg.

Of course I don't really have any facts about the Tundra, and my outlook on them is clouded by Chevyism. Probably a good truck....

Dodge is rediculous on there labor costs.....I have an air conditioner damper issue right now, very common with the dodge trucks from everything that I have read. Anyway....35 dollars for parts + 700 dollars for labor, another 300 dollars if I want them to replace the cracked dash board - also a common problem with the Dodge Rams.

mj1956
05-05-2008, 09:47 AM
Check out the Nissan Titan too. May be a little less money and I think is very compairative in quality and features. I think horsepower is about 320 hp with a 3.5.

nautic2200
05-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Junebug, you saw my F250. It's agreat truck but I agree with mj1956. Those Nissan Titans are sure nice and will pull your boat like it's not even there.

greyloon
05-05-2008, 03:23 PM
Not only is the Tundra assembled in the good old USA, but it happens over in San Antone.

Blast&Cast
05-05-2008, 03:41 PM
Junebug, you saw my F250. It's agreat truck but I agree with mj1956. Those Nissan Titans are sure nice and will pull your boat like it's not even there.

Yes sir, those F-250's are tough.....just can't justify buying a vehicle with a diesel motor right now.

Blast&Cast
05-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Check out the Nissan Titan too. May be a little less money and I think is very compairative in quality and features. I think horsepower is about 320 hp with a 3.5.

Not trying to bash the Titan, but from what I have read about them, their exterior sheet metal is as thin as a coke can. From what I have looked at, the Titans were priced higher than Toyota, Ford, and Chevrolet.......in the same price range as the Dodges. I can only speculate, but I believe the extra money you spend on a Dodge, is going to the longer warranty, not because they are better made vehicles.

Scotta
05-05-2008, 04:24 PM
I like the titan as well but the gas mileage on the tundra is way better.

RIP-N-LIP
05-05-2008, 05:34 PM
ask CT i believe he has one i drove one for a mounth it was a rental i really didn't care for it , not enough legroom in back seat , not as much room in the front as dodge, not much storage space for me , im use to all the little read out i get in my dodge, for me i was not empressed with the tundra ,but thats just my thoughts, people are differant.

OCOE
05-05-2008, 10:43 PM
Since Toyota is made in the good ole US of A, they are allowed to race in NASCAR ...

We just bought a Nissan Frontier. So far it's been a solid little truck.

In the past 12 years I've owned a V-6 GMC, a Z-71 Chevy, (2) Dodges, an extended cab and a crew cab, and a 5-speed regular cab v-8 Ford besides the Nissan. Fit, finish go to the GM products. Power goes to the Dodges. Drivability (turning radius, etc) goes to the Fords ... but they all pale in comparison to the Nissan ... it's that solid of a little truck.

Don't know if this helps you any ... just my experiences.

catfishjon
05-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I have worked and driven toyoto vehicles and trucks since 1985. They are the best made vehicle on the road. I have a 99 Tacoma four cyl. four wheel drive with 198,000 so far. I change my spark plugs every 100,000 miles, change my oil and filter every 4,000 miles, flush my coolant every other year, and change the gear oil every 100,000 miles. I replaced the front brake pads at 147,000 miles and have put four air filters in it. I still have the original belts on the engin and they are still good. I wouldn't drive anything else. Catfishjon