PDA

View Full Version : Got to get even.

bigboy
05-15-2008, 12:39 PM
Checked on my garden this morning had tomatoes knee high with little ones the size of golf balls, deer hit me and eat them to the ground. Also eat my squash and had peas about 10in high and they never touched them. Never had a problem with them eating tomatoes before, spent the morning putting up elec. fence guess I waited to late. Lot of work just to feed them buggers, blamed it on the wife she fed them all winter.

Ole Bill
05-15-2008, 12:45 PM
nice fat deer come win ter heheheheheh

kingwoodcatfisherman
05-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Sounds like your wife has them trained !!

HawgHunter
05-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Hummmm....so what you're saying is that we all need to plant maters and squash around our deer stands.:icon_confused:

Bill Barrick
05-15-2008, 01:32 PM
All that and okra and cucumbers too! It only takes one hit with the juice and they won't be back for a while. The deer were eating my peach trees, so I tied one inch pieces of plastic tubing to several branch ends all around the tree and ran twenty thousandths welding wire through the tubing and hooked it up to the "source". That evening, just at dusk, I left my shop to go in the house and barely saw a tan streak whiz past from the tree headed west. Next day I checked my set-up and found it to be stretched out to about 50 feet from the peach tree. Well it seems that I don't need the elctricity any more and that was tree years ago.

Melissaa52
05-15-2008, 01:53 PM
nice fat deer come win ter heheheheheh

bwaaaaahhahahha... Good ole bill, you always have something funny to say.

tylerdan
05-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Deer love tomatoes. When we lived in Kyle next to a couple hundred acres of ranch, we had many deer roaming the neighborhood at night. Could not grow anything that deer considered edible. In real dry summers, the even ate the so called "deer proof" bushes. A group of 8-10 bedded down in my front yard every night.

gator
05-15-2008, 06:25 PM
"A group of 8-10 bedded down in my front yard every night."

okay if it were my house it would be 8-10 first night 7-9 next night 6-8 next night 5-7.............

bigboy
05-15-2008, 07:07 PM
I thought of that Gator but they probly have babies this time of the year, just replanted my squash, and will replant my maters next week, will be interesting to see what they will do after being eaten off The fence usualy gets torn down the first night its up. Been gardening here for 15years and the first time they have eaten tomatoes.

tylerdan
05-15-2008, 08:23 PM
gator, unfortunately we lived in civilized rural subdivision and you could not shoot the deer in your yard. Plus there was an unlimited supply just across the street in the ranch. Some people put out corn for the deer and the herds would start coming out of the ranch just before dark and work through the neighborhood. During the 14 years that we lived there, we had several born in the yard. The fawns would hide under the shrubs when the mother was away. As they got older, they would play in the yard.

Ole Bill
05-15-2008, 09:16 PM
thats the way it was for us when we were still in california had a resident herd of pacific black tail that i could walk up to and feed out of my hand. i was still a little leary of the buck tho

gator
05-16-2008, 08:16 AM
okay guys 90% of what i say is **** i was kidding i have 7 tree rats in the back yard i feed every day deer are a little more stand offisih here but i would feed them too.