PDA

View Full Version : Wedding part 2

cpowell
06-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Holly and I went out to Odessa last week for the ceremony and had a great time at the wedding. It was the BEST wedding I have ever been to. It was actually held at our friends house and it looks like a little Lukenbach, Tx. There was music, dancing, and enough drink that it took 200 lbs of ice, four briskets and enough other groceries to start a little store.

My kids came in from Austin and we spent the night Friday just sitting and talking. We didn't go to bed until after 3am. The same for Saturday night after the wedding. We didn't have much to do with her sisters and their husbands because they didn't approve of Holly marrying such an old geezer as me. ha ha ha Too bad for them!

There was a little drama when the florists lost the flowers somewhere in Memphis and we spent the morning of the wedding hustling more flowers to replace them but we got it done and everything else went off well. Everyone had a really great time. Now the Undertaker is considering having more weddings there.

Here's a couple of pictures. There are a lot more as the photog took over 1100 but I won't bore you with those.

Blast&Cast
06-27-2008, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the pictures.......Congratulations !!

Jerkugot'im
06-27-2008, 01:27 PM
I guess there is hope for me to have happiness in my later life, if "ole What's Her Name" divorces me this week. Good luck on your program. This is my second marriage and it has only lasted 47 years, but I'm open, shhh here she comes, don't say anything.

texaseggdesigns
06-27-2008, 01:48 PM
gooooo mojo!! congratulations on a great wedding.

greyloon
06-27-2008, 02:30 PM
Congratulations. As for Odessa, lived there for three years and met some fine people. But, you'll where the bearings out in your trailer getting to the water.

cpowell
06-27-2008, 02:55 PM
TexasEgg check your PM as I have sent one.

Greyloon; yep; you can wear out a lot of bearings getting to water from Odessa but I believe I saw more boats there than I do here!! They say that "Odessa is a great place to be FROM and I have to agree, my kids certainly do!

greyloon
06-27-2008, 03:00 PM
CP, got tired of no water and no trees, unless you call fruitless mulberry a tree. It treated me well while there, but seeing Odessa in the rear view mirror was a pretty good image.

Sounds like a good time was had by all. Your bride really looked beautiful.

john
06-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Congrats Powell's.I like the cowboy hat.

NewCaneyFishingLady
06-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Fantastic, I am happy you shared it with us, too. Both of you look very nice, and happy. Have a great life and great fishing trips, together.

cpowell
06-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes! There's a story here and I have to admit that it's kind of a "fairy tale" thing. Short version; we met 25 years ago when she worked for me as a staff artist. We met up again, I was divorced, she was getting a divorce, long phone conversations later we ended up together and happier than we ever knew possible.
Of course there is a longer much better story involved but this will suffice for now. If anyone is really interested, catch us at the next muster, we love to tell this story. We intend to be there and feeling better at this one, than the last. We were both so sick we could hardly stand.