PDA

View Full Version : Watch ur ice chest

Gentleben
07-26-2008, 08:35 PM
This morning on my way to work this truck pulling a big center console passed me up , I noticed this big ice chest dancing up against their motor..It had come out from under the seat and was thinking of a suicidle leap!!. I thought great I'll add to my ice chest arsenal ,then i noticed a phone number on the back of the windshield so i backed up and called it, "Hello" this voice replied . I said , "Dude you fixing to loose your ice chest of the back of your boat"!! He said "Oh, ok tahnks " I wished him luck as i saw his right turn signal come on and i exited the toll rd . Morrow of the story is "tie your **** down!!"
It said "Bottoms up" on the back of the windshiled so i figured it was some drinking website but it turned out being a fishing website , I talked to Jesse Eureste this evening he said they caught some fish but no pics :(

gator
07-26-2008, 09:02 PM
yep all you got to do is drive along our road ways and start looking on the sides how many ice chest lids or whole thing is laying out. tie tie tie
great heads up ben im sure the guy really appreciate it

greyloon
07-26-2008, 09:19 PM
My son laughs at me for tying mine down. But, I've seen too many on the roadsides, even some with goodies that came out of them.

otocatchfish
07-26-2008, 10:59 PM
We lost one off the front of a pontoon boat only problem was I was sittin on it, I was about 3.

Ole Bill
07-27-2008, 06:57 AM
yep ya gotta tie em down them buggers can fly

Scotta
07-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Now thats funny oto. Maybe they should of tied you down as well

nautic2200
07-27-2008, 10:23 AM
I had one tied down a few years ago. It was empty because I was going to use it for all the fish I was going to catch. When I got to the lake, it was gone gone. Must have worked itself loose somehow. Man that was a good cooler too.

Scotta
07-27-2008, 10:24 AM
By the way, nice heads up ben. Im sure he did appreciate it

RIP-N-LIP
07-27-2008, 10:26 AM
well i didnt git a fishing site when i tried bottoms up but it was nice

nautic2200
07-27-2008, 10:29 AM
well i didnt git a fishing site when i tried bottoms up but it was nice

That's what I was thinking! lol.

Scotta
07-27-2008, 10:37 AM
I was going flyfishing/camping on the blanco and when doing 75 on 290 I saw the lid to my cd player fly up it caught some air and hit the ground. It slid about 50 yards. Has a few sratches and the speaker screens are dented but still works today. I am the worst about tying stuff down

Big B
07-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Have lost many. The last one was so new, I hadn't even put any ice in it yet.
Got to the gas station (2 miles from home) and it wasn't in the boat. Back tracked and some body already got it. Hope it didn't hit them!

Gentleben
07-28-2008, 12:51 PM
I know gotta call him bacjk tell him to change the name :icon_redface:
That's what I was thinking! lol.

Charles Ellis
07-28-2008, 08:12 PM
I have 4 ice chests in my boat and they stay bungee corded to the deck.The all double as seats when we are fishing,and usually have the infamous throwable cushion for padding.

Scotta
07-28-2008, 09:56 PM
I googled it and it was nothing close to a fishing site.

BassingtxLady
07-29-2008, 07:30 AM
The boat I recently sold had a 100+ size cooler for the driver to sit on. It was used mostly for storage because I used a much smaller cooler for drinks and sandwiches.

From the large cooler, I lost two expensive coats after leaving Lake Conroe one day. Forgot to snap the lid.

Also from the large cooler, I lost 4 PFDs just out of Orange after a very good day on Sabine Lake because I forgot to snap the lid. A car stopped us and told us stuff was flying out. As we sat on the side of the rode with me in the boat checking on loose stuff, an 18 wheeler came by with one of our life jackets hanging on part of the front bumper. My father in law saw it coming and shouted at me to look at it. Everyone had a good laugh; I snapped the lid closed on an empty cooler and we got on down the road.

gator
07-29-2008, 08:02 AM
hes a guide scott
http://www.bottomsupfishing.com/

waterspout
07-29-2008, 08:14 AM
LOL,, Ben, Jesse is a good bud of mine and a neighbor.. If he would have had fish his chest wouldn't be flying around.. Any of you guys want a good guy for a guided trip in Galvatraz give Jesse a call. I get to call him now and give him a hard time. And Bottoms Up is for dead fish.. Jesse doesn't drink, If he has one thats all he'll drink.

sobeit
07-30-2008, 08:05 AM
I once hit a stayerfom cooler doing 70 on the belt way. It made lots of nise white snow all over the road.

Big B
07-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Oh, I forgot. I once hit a FULL icechest going 65 on I-10 around Beaumont. There were retaining walls up an no where to go. I was driving my wife's new truck, probably had 400 miles on it. Luckily, it was a small ice chest, but you should have seen the groceries flying behind us!

Needless to say, she was not real happy about it. But, I think the new running boards I put on it kept the stuff off the sheet metal. No damage at all.

Scotta
07-30-2008, 12:57 PM
Thanks Gator. I was just saying. lol

hes a guide scott
http://www.bottomsupfishing.com/