PDA

View Full Version : Nothing seems to surprise me anymore !

kingwoodcatfisherman
07-27-2008, 12:12 AM
My wife woke me up this morning at 6:00 am to inform me that someone had completely covered my black Toyota 4 Runner and her new black Expedition in white paint. Not only did they dump the paint on the roof and hood but they rolled the paint all the away around the sides , front , and rear. Plus soaking the rims too. The paint went inside the hood and also ran into the door jam and into the trim. It appeared to be about 4 large buckets of paint.

I pulled my power washer out and immediately started blasting paint off of both trucks. The paint was somewhat hardend and not much of it was coming off. I ended up soaking the trucks with wd 40 and paint remover and scrubbing them with steel wool and brillo pads and then power washing it. I got the paint off but now I have scratched the black paint up on several areas on the trucks with light scratches from the steel wool. I worked on my Toyata all day long until 4:30. I got it looking pretty good except for a couple of areas . I will have to get my polisher out tomorrow and some compound and see if I can buff those scratches out .

I later noticed that Gabby's brand new Yamaha 90 dirt bike was stolen last week from our garage so we are kind of sad about that too. I think that I will be hooking up my security system that I used to have at my mini storage warehouse that I have stored in my garage. It has a dvr with 160 gig hard drive and 16 cameras.

greyloon
07-27-2008, 12:24 AM
That's the pits. And, there's no finding the culprits. Loss of Gabby's bike was a pretty nasty thing to happen too. I guess I need to beef up security on our main garage doors. Don't think anyone is going in the back, not with four 35-60 lb dogs , one of which will take a chunk out of someone, in the yard.

I realize some have reasons not to turn things into their insurance, possible cancellation being one, but that's what I do with vandalism of vehicles. We just added a car we bought for my youngest son for college to the policy. When we first got the insurance, the deductible was $50 comprehensive, $100 collision and we never changed it. I'd check every couple of years, but the cost difference wasn't enough to worry about with a higher deductible. When my wife added the new vehicle, she asked and found it was the same as a $500 deductible and they don't even right the lower one any longer...one of the benefits about staying with a company, I guess.

lazya8838
07-27-2008, 01:12 AM
sorry to hear about that kcf.sounds like my kinda luck..

john
07-27-2008, 03:38 AM
I can't believe the guts some of these people,were just the vehicles vandalized ?I hope they catch whoever did that.Man i am sorry to hear that.

irfishyir2
07-27-2008, 06:12 AM
I'd be looking at someone who knew me. Sounds like some of your friends aint so friendly.

Ole Bill
07-27-2008, 06:23 AM
thats what i would do too. the dirt bike is one thing but vandalizing your cars means a mad neighbor or so called friend or an old business aquaintance. even someone from the neighborhood who might not like what you do in your front yard think of any names that might have spoken to you or griped about your actions. make a list and give it to the police.

T-111-5
07-27-2008, 08:40 AM
KWCF I'M SORRY TO READ ABOUT YOUR TROUBLES WITH THE SCUM BAGS THAT WOULD DO THIS TO ANYONE PROPERTY. :grrr: i DO HOPE YOU CAN FIND OUT WHO DID THIS TO YOUR FAMILY.

Scotta
07-27-2008, 08:52 AM
I am truly sorry to hear about that kwcf. I have some threads in here along those same lines. My boat then my vehicle and then my house all got broke into on 3 seperate occasions within a month. I believe there are some online places to store your video feed. It might be worth checking into or the dvr might end up missing with all the evidence. Hopefully, it will never have to .......I hope you atleast get some satisfaction and they find out who it was.

gator
07-27-2008, 09:09 AM
sorry to hear that kwcf thats a real shame

GILBERT G
07-27-2008, 09:19 AM
those are the kind of things that happen during the summertime when school kids are out late at night joy riding they do very stupid things . I would not think it`s
an act of vendetta I would not worry to much unless it`s happen`d before. or happens again. ( are your fishing juggs ok ) l.o.l good luck

gator gar
07-27-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm sorry to hear this too, KWCF. That sucks big time. I have a security system in my house, but not in the yard. Unless of coarse you want to try and sneak by my four hounds that are stratiegically located around the house, in the yard. I won't say it can't happen, but it hasn't yet. After all, who would want my Big Green machine. That alone would scare the vandels away.

navigator
07-27-2008, 09:49 AM
Sorry to hear this KWCF, I hope they catch the person or persons involved in doing this. "THEY NEED THEIR A** KICKED AND KICKED HARD"

kingwoodcatfisherman
07-27-2008, 10:46 AM
My wife usually parks her car in front of the house. That day I had bought a pickup truck so I had it parked in the driveway located on the far side of the house ( our house is a corner lot) . I had both vehicles parked in front of the house which is close to the master bed room and there is a huge street light 20 feet from the cars.

At first I thought it was a neighbor trying to give me the hint that I shouldn't park my vehicles on the street because of tackiness in our "perfect" Kingwood neighborhood. After looking at the time and detail to completely cover both of the cars with the paint , I now feel that it was bored teenagers. I know that three weeks ago , my neighbor a few houses down had parked a trailer with a car on it in front of my house but on the opposite side of the street, and we noticed that the whole car was covered in muster and katchup.

In the past , we have found that some of these Kingwood kids get bored so for thrills they do stuff like steal stuff out of people's yards and I remember one year these girls robbiing convenience stores. They vandalized our mail box as well which is federal. They could get into steep trouble for that was what one neighbor was telling me.
I don't have any enemies. I am nice to everyone and I wave "hi" to anyone that walks by my house or drives by while I am outside.

roadtrip57
07-27-2008, 11:23 AM
sorry to hear of this act of idiocy perpetrated on your family

RAYSOR
07-27-2008, 08:45 PM
sorry to hear about your misfortune, I to have been broken into twice in the last 3 months, its the pits

croxt
07-27-2008, 09:38 PM
did you report it KWCF? sorry to hear about it happening. We have had all kinds of vandalism in our neighborhood lately........

DBullard
07-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Jeff that is horrible.I hope they find who did it.Did any other cars around get paint dumped on them?

otocatchfish
07-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Ok, Im a teenager, Papering someones house is one thing but Paint, thats just uncalled for! I think that if they caught the kids #1 they should pay for the scratches to be fixed on your new truck, and a whole summer of yard work for you and not community service because that dosent benifit you directly.

I know thats prolly not going to happen.

Sorry about that, I can only emagine how ticked you were when you got up in the morning.

gator
07-28-2008, 05:19 AM
"and a whole summer of yard work for you and not community service because that dosent benifit you directly"
out of the mouth of babs. (no offensive) oto that would be a great solution .again sorry to here about that jeff

Blast&Cast
07-28-2008, 07:43 AM
Sorry to hear about what happened to your vehicles KWCF.

NewCaneyFishingLady
07-28-2008, 08:54 AM
I had to wait a day to respond to this because I was so upset about what those vandals did. So sorry that happened to you Jeff and I hope they get caught with their hands in the cookie jar real soon. They wouldn't like it if it happened to them.

cpowell
07-28-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune but I agree, it was probably bored kids and you were just a convenient target for them. I think I would watch the neighborhood the next few days, see if there are any kids that usually come out and around but just now are not. Those would be my suspects, if I noted any. I can't remember exactly how old your children are but I think they are too young for boyfriends so that's probably out. What about unsatisfied people your wife works with or for? Anybody there that might be holding a grudge? Were the paint cans or brushes or stuff left on your property? Think fingerprints. Is anyone doing any remodeling or just finished remodeling in the neighborhood? Think about where the paint may have come from. Do you know of anyone who might be a paint contractor that might be unhappy with you or your wife? Is there a paint contractor in your neighborhood? Well, that's just some ideas that might or might not be helpful but that's where I would start looking.

Blast&Cast
07-28-2008, 11:49 AM
Jeff

If ya'all have a neighborhood watch program, you might want to make them aware that this happened.

Big B
07-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Sometimes think it comes in waves. The kids grow a little older and others dare them. It is ridiculous that we have to put up with this stuff.
Sorry about your troubles. What a pain.

HawgHunter
07-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Dang bro, that's really sucks....:grrr:....why is it that the good folks are always the ones targeted?

If caught, I know of a few neihborhoods we could drop them off in at say 10nish....you ever seen 'The Running Man'?:icon_twisted:

kingwoodcatfisherman
07-28-2008, 03:16 PM
The paint cans were dated 2005. So it appears these were paint cans that were being stored.

LuckyBass13
07-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Thats horrrrrrible!!!! My van window broke and stole my watch that my gpa gave me before he died, and I was very upset.. and I add 4 secuirty lights around my house, if anything go by, it will be looking like daytime!!

Hire Benny.. He s night patroal, He ride bike and catch those Thugs!!

GILBERT G
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Joe Horn, Joe Horn, Joe Horn, Joe Horn,..........................

dbldaddy
07-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Holy Cow Kcf! Why Didnt U Tell Me Yesterday? We Shall Catch Them If Its The Last Thing We Do!

kingwoodcatfisherman
07-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Holy Cow Kcf! Why Didnt U Tell Me Yesterday? We Shall Catch Them If Its The Last Thing We Do!

Sorry WD, I guess that I had fishing on my mind!!! :applause:

fishin steve
07-29-2008, 12:00 AM
If they are that bored that they have to start vandalising property, maybe it's time for the parents to put them to work. A good days work out in the sun will take the starch out of em!

greyloon
07-29-2008, 12:48 AM
If they are that bored that they have to start vandalising property, maybe it's time for the parents to put them to work. A good days work out in the sun will take the starch out of em!

My youngest son, home from college for the summer, is working afternoons at Pirates Cove car was on N. Park. He comes in about 7 every evening dragging buns from the heat. You are right, a day in the field does take the starch out, though at his age, he bounces back and goes to the gym to lift weights for an hour about 9 pm.

Bill Barrick
07-29-2008, 05:12 AM
Sorry for you KWCF. Community Service was mentioned. I have 11 and 15 year old brothers coming to do commmunity service at the Church. Their crime was they thought it to be neat to throw dog poop over the fence in their neighbor's yard. She didn't see it as humorous at all and called the police. They have 27 hours to work. If the same judge should try your culprits, they might be finished with community service about 2012 or so.

CAT KILLER EAST TEXAS
07-29-2008, 07:00 AM
That really bites Jeff! I bet that you were so mad. This generation, I kindof feel sorry for them though. Their parents have had nothing to do with them and instead of spending their free time helping people, they do things like this. The sad part about it, they probably have the malace caught on video and are displaying it on YouTube. Back when I was growing up, I had no time to get into trouble! During summer break when mom and dad were at work, me and my sister were busy taking care of the house. If there was not obvious improvement from the day before, we didn't get to go out on the weekend, (I wasn't even able to go fishing with dad and papaw), these things were considered privileges in our raising! This same act of servanthood is already being displayed in our almost 4 year old daughter. We don't spank unless there is no choice, but even at her age there are things you can take away from her (privileges) that she will do anything to get back. Let me stop preaching. I hope that these kids are found not so much for your properties sake, Jeff, but for them to see that people are called to leave other people stuff alone.

HawgHunter
07-29-2008, 07:11 AM
I was just talking with my wife this morning telling her what had happened to youand she told me before I could tell her. Apparently, this past weekend, vandals went down a whole street spray painting vehicles.:confused:..:grrr: Not sure where this happened....I'll see what I can find on the net about it. I know they used can paint on yours, but still could be connected.

I really hope they catch them for you KWCF....it really irks me that someone would do that to you....I've never met you in person, but just reading about you will tell anyone what a great guy you are.

BTW....if those scratches aren't too deep, you can get them out with a buffer and compound....I'll talk to my buddy later and find out exactly what it is they use at his shop.

kingwoodcatfisherman
08-22-2008, 11:09 AM
My wife's running buddy told her this morning that her husband had left his car window on one side slightly cracked.

Well, some of the Kingwood kids thought that it would be cool to run their water hose into the crack and leave the water turned on all night long.

The next morning, they found that the inside of the car was filled to the top of the roof with water. I think she said that the car is pretty much a total because it was one of the new fancy ones with all of the electronics in it.

I guess that is one good reason to have an older car with some rust holes in the floor pan because the water would have drained out

"Nothing Seems to Surprises Me Anymore !!!"

jlee989
08-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Holy you know what!!! That is horrible!!!

NewCaneyFishingLady
08-22-2008, 11:22 AM
Those kids needed some spankings, a lot more time outs and all their unnecessary property taken away from them when they were younger. If they had to earn them back, they would probably have a better respect for things.

That is just plain uncalled for, like your paint jobs Jeff. Sure hope the law catches them.

NewCaneyFishingLady
08-22-2008, 11:30 AM
It would also help if their parents made them be in the house after dark.

Scotta
08-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Sorry Susan, they need way more than a spanking.

Jerkugot'im
08-27-2008, 04:27 PM
I read the the various replys and went out and bought some '00' buckshot for my "Home Defender" and called my insurance agent and increased my Medical Pay on my homeowners for "accidents on premise" in case someone survives. And KWCF, it sounds a bit directed, first the theft and then the paint, sounds like about 14 or 15 year old thinking. Might check with anyone you've left off a birthday party list or run off in the last month or so. Just a personal observation. Also, go buy an automotive paint store and get 'GS 27' scratch remover and a bottle of "Wizards" Finish Cut compound. Use a slow buffer to remover the cuts in the paint. Might put a candle in the church if you are of that faith.

kingwoodcatfisherman
08-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the info. I haven't done anything to the paint since it happened. It looks pretty bad but if I just don't wash the truck and keep it dirty ,the paint doesn't really look that scratched up because the dirt does a good job of covering it up! :):)

My wife said that a chocolate milk shake was poored on top of the hood of the new truck about a week ago. I need to hurry up and get my cameras mounted outside. I am kind of curious who is doing this to us. I might have to accidentally spill some of my chum over their way. No, I couldn't do that because I think that they would recognize it being from me. May need to just borrow Hawg hunter's pitbull instead ! :):)