PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Welcome yaker

saundecw
08-06-2008, 03:22 AM
Welcome to FishingTx yaker!! Where do you fish and what do you fish for? Share some fishing adventures and enjoy the site.

HawgHunter
08-06-2008, 05:51 AM
WELCOMEhttp://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j132/hawghunter74/emotioncons/Welcome.gifto the only site on the net dedicated to everthing fishy in Texas....

CAT KILLER EAST TEXAS
08-06-2008, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the site yaker!

BassingtxLady
08-06-2008, 07:23 AM
Hi,

I'm glad you made it! Welcome to FishingTX.Com the friendliest fishing forum you will find.

Whether you're here seeking help as a beginner to fishing, or are an advanced (PC) fisher person, it's great to see a new face. If you have a little knowledge share it with us.

Now, jump in and have a good time, while you are getting to know us.

DBullard
08-06-2008, 07:40 AM
welcome to a great forum.

NewCaneyFishingLady
08-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Hi yaker. Welcome to FishingTX.

Scotta
08-06-2008, 08:16 AM
welcome yaker.

Blast&Cast
08-06-2008, 08:48 AM
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii63/TexasJunebug/welcome.gif

yaker
08-06-2008, 06:50 PM
I would like to see some of you out on the water some time I fish out of a kayak , in lake Houston , Luses , Sand Jack , the big Eady . I like to fish for catfish , crapie , large mouth bass , white bass . And I would like to make some flaging jugs like a lot of you use . Glade to hear from yaall Mike .

greyloon
08-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I would like to see some of you out on the water some time I fish out of a kayak , in lake Houston , Luses , Sand Jack , the big Eady . I like to fish for catfish , crapie , large mouth bass , white bass . And I would like to make some flaging jugs like a lot of you use . Glade to hear from yaall Mike .

Welcome from another kayak and canoe fisherman. Good to see another from the plastic navy.

Big B
08-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Welcome to the site!

kingwoodcatfisherman
08-07-2008, 12:15 AM
:welcome: to the site ! I 'm the guy on the west fork on the red Seadoo wave runner. I may have a bunch of jugs strapped on the back as well. If you have any questions about making the jugs , I can show you how to do it . I have a jug assembly table set up in my garage.

kingwoodcatfisherman
08-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Mike , I pm'd you my phone number and address. You can come over to my house and I will show you how to make the jugs, mainline and drops. I have bolt cutters so we can cut your rebarb pretty fast .

Ole Bill
08-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Welcome to fishintx we got a lot of different ways and if ya git to know some of them ya might just find some ya likehttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cus/e_1_55.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZU)

dbldaddy
08-14-2008, 07:09 PM
hey yakar, kcf is the jug king. just get in touch with him and he will be glad to help

kingwoodcatfisherman
08-14-2008, 11:31 PM
Hey mike , I was thinking about your jugs. We don't have to make the super expensive ones for you like I am using . I was thinking back about a six pound channel cat that I caught on a Men's Ministry retreat in January. I pulled a 20 ounce water bottle out of the trash and tied a three foot piece of line with a hook on it. It wasn't very professional looking but it did the job for me.

I think that we can make some jugs that will catch you some fish if you want to get your feet wet without the investment. Go to HEB in kingwood . They have 3 dumpsters for recycling. Go to the dumpster that says plastic and grab some white bleach bottles or bottles with heavy plastic and a handle. Try to get white ones. I have the white thick line at my house for the main line that I don't use because I use the tared black. I have lots of hooks that I would give you and swivels too. I have lots of stuff I originally bought at first but I have no use for because I want the hard core heavy duty tuff stuff.

These jugs would do the job fine on the west fork if you are using a couple of hooks on them . The water is shallow pretty much so we can set the jugs up for it. You don't need $40 in reflective tape because you are in a yak and will not be checking them at night. The only negative thing is that these jugs will easily blend in with all of the other pieces of trash floating around in the lake.

As a joke , I made some jugs out of vodka and tequilla bottles . I ended up using them and they worked ok and I even caught fish on them.

So , if you still want to come over to my house that is ok with me. You can see my jug collection and smell my chum !! :icon_eek: Bring the bottles . I have everything else.