PDA

View Full Version : End Result

Scotta
09-03-2008, 09:50 AM
Well this is the end result of invoicing 212,000 dolars for two people that actually know what they are doing. Sounds like a lot for a a little over 2 months but when you consider what is at stake and figure nothing else made here has worked and the cost of the rig, it is money well spent for all parties. Anyway, pretty erie feeling watching something this massive being lifted by a couple of cables. The shieves and cables were doing a lot of creaking, hence, the distance these pictures were taken. We reached 500 amps at max while raising. Now if we can get them to rig the rest up we can commision this thing. We have 6 rigs to build all signed sealed and delivered with 6 more if those go o'kay. I really enjoy this job. If you like what you do for a living you never have to work again. I took 108 pictures of this raising of the mast but here are 4 that will give you a good idea. Pretty cool. Well, I guess this job should be finally winding down. Oh by the way John, those 6 rigs start on september 14 but boss said I can still fish tournament anyway. He said I dont do anything anyway. He doesnt need help scr@##$$%$% off. When you live right God really gives you what you need. He saw my situation and provided a finacial way out of it. Now if I could just put a dollar in MY pocket instead of everyone elses. Hmmm. I'm sure one day on his timeframe he will make that happen.:applause:

Scotta
09-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Notice when the mast got to the half way point and the tension was at its greatest how far away I am. My buddy kept watching me back up and I sent him a text. "Simple shawn it's self preservation!" He laughed

jlee989
09-04-2008, 06:58 AM
Was that rig built for Nabors drilling?