View Full Version : Surgery and cold feet.........

gator gar
10-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Yes, I had surgery today and I also had cold feet. Not the cold feet you would have of being scared to go under the knife, but the cold feet you have when your feet are freezing.

Man, they kept that place cold. I was longer than that bed they prepped me in and my feet were continually hanging off the other end. I got there about 9 in the morning and met this one and that one that was going to be with me in surgery. I got rigged up with an I.V. and I was ready to go.

Well, one hour passes and no-one shows. Two hours passes and still no-one shows. I fall asleep and Kim falls asleep propped up next to me. I plunder around in my small room and see what I can hide in my opened back gown with no pockets, (just kidding) and find a toilet underneath the sink.

I'm talking about a full grown toilet tucked neatly under the sink. You just open the door and it swings out and locks. Toilet paper and all!!!! Man, this is the neatest toilet I have ever seen. This wasn't one of those porcelin jobs, this was one of those stainless steel ones that the only place that I have seen one like it, was in a cold jail cell. What a work of art, man, this thing was ingenius.

Finally after 2 and a half hours the surgeon comes in and takes a look at my Lipoma that he is going to remove. This thing is located in my left supra pubic region and is mighty close to something that I hold dearly to me, every day. Literally.

I don't know what it is about getting closer to going under the knife that makes your feet start heating up, but mine sure did. As a matter of fact. my whole body was heating up and I began to perspire. He must of hit the thermostat on the way in.:help:

Then here comes the anesthieoligist(probably spelled wrong) better known as the man that is going to "Put me under" he has a syringe that looks to be about 9 inches long and I let him know to the gram, of how much I weigh, so I get the full effect.

Down the hall we go. Around this corner and down this hallway and finally way back in a room somewhere, I arrive. Outside this room, O" Mr. Knock'em out" shoots some clear liquid into my I.V. I remember seeing a couple of water spots on the ceiling as I roll into the operating room and then easing onto a table, kind of what they use on death row, with the arm supports to tie your arms down.

I started feeling something immediately after he injected my I.V. and said something about it. He commented on that was how fast your blood was pumping to my heart and I should start feeling the effect. Well, I'm not one to be strapped down by my wrist to a table, but for some reason, I just went along with them on this trip. As a matter of fact, I don't even remember the second wrist being latched down.

The next thing I know, I'm out of surgery and ready to put my sweats on and eat some Bodacious BBQ turkey breast, that I asked Kim to get for me. They wouldn't let me walk to the car, so I rode in style in a wheel chair, being pushed by my nurse.

Everything came out just fine. The worst part of surgery in my opinion, was not being able to eat or drink anything from midnight, the night before. I do have about 6-9 inches of cuts at the said location and plenty of stitches inside and out.Alot of black and blue skin and just a touch of pain. Other than that, there was nothing to it.

I just woke up from a good sleep and was bored, so forgive me for the long story. As a matter of fact, I think I will go lay back down with an ice pack and sleep some more. See ya'll later...........

Bill Barrick
10-31-2008, 07:35 PM
looks like you covered everything pretty well Gator Gar. Glad you are rid of whatever that was. Pray you get better quick!!

john
10-31-2008, 07:41 PM
Man you are right..No eats or drinks..
I hate to wait so when they get going and get the juice ready i am already relaxed..Get well soon GG.

DBullard
10-31-2008, 07:46 PM
wtg Gator Gar now all you need is a big ole catfish flopping in your lap!!!

gator gar
10-31-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks ya'll. I hope I am healed enough to maybe fish with Dbullard on his boat, Sunday morning. I'm a little sore but I'm not so sore that I am eating any pain meds. Just some discomfort, more or less. It's amazing the drugs out there that can put you out and have you back in just a couple of hours or less. And you feel just fine when you come out of it.

Not something I would want to do every day, but overall, it wasn't too bad of an experience.

gator gar
10-31-2008, 07:50 PM
wtg Gator Gar now all you need is a big ole catfish flopping in your lap!!!

My lap is the last place I need a catfish flopping, I promise you that.

gator
10-31-2008, 07:57 PM
glad you are okay have been calling but your phone no workie hay i though you was gonna let me cut that out with my new filet knife oh well when you get the bill for the juice dont come crying to me. if you put a dab of catfish slime will help them stiches to heal faster

Charles Ellis
10-31-2008, 08:05 PM
When I by-pass surgery in 1995 I remember getting to the main doors that lead to the surgery area at Conroe Regional and I kind of remember my pastor praying for me,but after that nothing until I woke up in intensive care the next day.I still had the breathing tube down my throat and that was the worst thing that I remember ever experencing.
I'm glad your surgery went well. the only minor operation is the one that someone else gets.

RAYSOR
10-31-2008, 09:03 PM
glad all turned out good

gator gar
10-31-2008, 09:08 PM
Here are a few pics of surgery today. That cup of Lipoma looks like it would make good catfish bait.

DBullard
10-31-2008, 09:39 PM
Did You Keep Tht Thing For Bait?bahahaha

Gentleben
10-31-2008, 09:40 PM
HAppy HAllowen!!!!:applause:
You oghtah lost bout 20 lbs looks of that thing in the bucket!!!

DBullard
10-31-2008, 09:49 PM
I think that was his brain it was real close to what he thinks with!!!bahahahahhahahahahhahahah
HAppy HAllowen!!!!:applause:
You oghtah lost bout 20 lbs looks of that thing in the bucket!!!

cpowell
11-01-2008, 06:29 AM
Hope you get to feeling better soon. Good story too. Be careful on the boat though, it could get rough.