PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving to Texas....

Steve
01-24-2009, 08:47 AM
As a few of the older members here know, I live in Tennessee which is why no one on FishingTX hears from me very often and I'm never able to show up for musters.

Things have to change in life from time to time and I've made a big decision lately. I'm moving to Texas. My family lives in Marble falls so that's where I'm going to head out to myself. I'm in the process of selling my house as we speak and attempting to get other things taken care of so I can go. Once I get there I'll have to find another job as a machinist (or welder) and then find a place to live so it might be a short while till I can get back to fishing again, but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

It will be very nice to be closer to all my friends on this forum. I can't tell you all how many times I've read about your musters and joint fishing trips and I always thought it would have been great to be there if I only had the chance. God willing I'll be able to soon.

Well, that's all I guess. I just thought I'd throw the announcement out there just to make it official and all. =)

Sincerely,
Steve

tylerdan
01-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey Steve, us Texans would say that is good news. Welcome back to Texas. Some real nice fishing around Falls, not far to several lakes and rivers.

john
01-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Steve you will love to come back and hope all works out good on the move and so on.Texas is great place..Keep us up to date on your progress.

scooter9o9
01-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Good luck and welcome home

HawgHunter
01-24-2009, 10:57 AM
You can take a man out of Texas, but you can never take Texas out of the man!!!! We are all looking forward to your arrival back home here in Texas....I don't know about around Marble Falls, but I sure see alot of companies looking for machinist around my area. Good luck....hope everything goes well....:)

kingwoodcatfisherman
01-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Well that is a great announcement Steve ! I will have to look and see were Marble Falls is located in relation to Houston but that will for sure get you closer to driving to one of our musters. I hope to meet you at one soon. Good luck with your job search. I will say some prayers for you these next couple of weeks for you !!

gator
01-24-2009, 12:45 PM
well welcome home to texas steve cant wait to see you at a lake real soon.

Gentleben
01-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Steve it is great to hear that!! Just this morning we(JW & Me ) were talking bout you (God knows ) .Can' wait to meet you !!

Folks before anyone gets their selfs in a 9 mile bind reason Steve is allowed to use the site logo for a avatar is simple, it's cause it's his!! We are just borrowing it bwhahahhahahha

Thanks Steve !!
you gonna be a texican!!

Everett
01-24-2009, 02:44 PM
Mar falls as We know it lol when you get set maybe we can get together @ possum kingdom and fish some.

saundecw
01-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Great news Steve. There is always a seat open for you on my boat!! Keep us updated.

JonW
01-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Great news Steve! I'm tickled for you and can't wait.

The job market in Houston is still pretty strong, especially compared to TN. I would think Austin wouldn't be too bad.

Ole Bill
01-24-2009, 05:05 PM
bout time ya moved ta Gods country

Steve
01-24-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes folks, I sure appreciate it. I'm not actually from Texas though, I was born and raised in Shreveport just 8 miles from the line. That meant that nearly half of everyone I knew was Texan and therefore was automatically my friend and neighbor. I don't know if many folks here are aware, but for years in NW Louisiana (Caddo, Desoto and Bossier) we tried VERY HARD to ceed ourselves over to Texas but the attempt was repeatedly crushed by our La. state senate. It finally got to one point where alot of us were tempted to get very um, shall I say, uncivil about it. Up in our corner of the state we always felt more welcome by Texas than Louisiana due to the way we had been treated by the boys south of I-10 for so may years. Ok, I digress, so I'll move on....LOL

Thanks for the offers of the empty seats because I'll sure need one at first. I sold my boat a little while back because I knew there was no way to register it in Texas without a title for the hull and motor when I got there. Here you can steal any boat you want over night, register it at eight the next morning and be legally fishing out of it by 8:30 if you drive fast enough. Since I have no title and didn't want to put up with all the grief I found it a new home in Alabama. When I get there and settle in I'll just go out and buy another one all ready to go. I've saved all my jugs though. They're all beaten and bruised from many mighty Tennessee river battles but they've still have a lot of life in 'em yet. Jon W and myself have sure put a few miles on 'em.

Folks thanks again for all the kind words and well wishes, they're very appreciated.

Steve

NewCaneyFishingLady
01-25-2009, 05:48 PM
That is great news Steve!! :applause: You will then be a bonafide Texan!! Keep us up to date so we will know when to get the welcoming committee and the parade organized. I won't have to drive so far to do some fishing with you since I don't make those Missouri trips anymore. Knowing about your fishing trips, I am sure you won't have a problem at all finding them.

dwaynez
01-25-2009, 06:02 PM
We look forward to having you in TX. It has been a while since I have talked with you.

I wish you the best of luck in your move and search for work.

If you need anything when you get to Tx just let me know,