PDA

View Full Version : Electric Bill

irfishyir2
01-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Well, just got my electric bill today for the month and it was a good thing I was sitting down.......the bad thing about it is that there are no options out here in the country...I'd drop 'em in a second if there was a choice....this is the highest bill I've had since moving out here 12 years ago....:icon_twisted:

lazya8838
01-28-2009, 06:39 PM
that fuel charge is crazy.here it is 2/3 rds of the bill. if not for that it would be ok. i only have one choice also and they know it..

john
01-28-2009, 06:43 PM
Don't want to look.Mine will be high with this cold month.

NewCaneyFishingLady
01-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the warning Chuck! I only have 1 choice of service, too.

jlee989
01-28-2009, 07:02 PM
I hate to brag but you might think about switching to propane. My house is 1600 sq ft and my heat sorce is a 30,000 btu stand alone furnace my electric bill is 130-140 in the winter. I guess it is easier said then done though.

irfishyir2
01-28-2009, 07:12 PM
I hate to brag but you might think about switching to propane. My house is 1600 sq ft and my heat sorce is a 30,000 btu stand alone furnace my electric bill is 130-140 in the winter. I guess it is easier said then done though.

yep, we considered propane when we were building this house but unfortunately, we went with electricity.......someone told us we were crazy going with propane...
I thought that we had global warming going on!!! That stupid Al Gore said "the sky is falling" just so he could get all those millions....people are so gullible.:grrr:

heycods
01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
$90 here and $90 at the lake, but the wood bill is near 100 a month. Cant win for loosing.
Ya`ll aint incouraging me to move that way, even tho its a possibility.

irfishyir2
01-28-2009, 09:20 PM
$90 here and $90 at the lake, but the wood bill is near 100 a month. Cant win for loosing.
Ya`ll aint incouraging me to move that way, even tho its a possibility.

You need one of those big wind turbines. with ya'll wind out there it would turn 24 hours a day and the electric company would have to pay you....dont get no better than that....

dwaynez
01-28-2009, 09:44 PM
We have noticed an increase on our last few bills as well, this time of year they start to jack up the prices,

scooter9o9
01-28-2009, 11:01 PM
We have noticed an increase on our last few bills also. I only have 1 choice of service. they doint even come to read the meter and when i asked they told me the meter sends the info to ther office. no one comes at all no truck, no one, no phone line. i still not sure how that works and the lady that answers the phone could not explane it either she said it just sends info to us...also my water bill is also very high year round. for water and sewer the min is $100 a month. most of the bills are more like $150 a month. I had a major water leak in my slab for over a month that i know of probably longer befor i noticed, bill did not go up any. i did not see a defferance on the bill..My neighbor has a pool, hot tub, 2 wirlpool tubs, and three single women living there. Our bills are about the same and i doint have a pool or a hot tub and only me, wife and small child here. again only have 1 choice of service. sorry but this post hit a nerve.......

irfishyir2
01-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Well, they do it just cause they can....our wonderful politicians did away with the control over all these companies and now their running amock...I guess its gonna take just not paying our bill for a few months and see what they do....

heycods
01-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Your better off to wait till it warms a mite Chuck. No sympathy from the utilitys. They shut off your water and elect in 1st 30 days. It is a might cool to be gathered around a fire in the back yard! And the water temp is still a little chilly for bathing at the lake. Grin and bear it!:lighting:

Ole Bill
01-29-2009, 08:29 AM
yep heycod i agree its a little cool my water bill is about 30 dollars a month but i am serviced by a nonprofit water company that is still under the texas puc my electric bill is high too and only one choice. the fuel charge is 2/3rds of the bill i called them and questioned them about that and asked that being a for profit co wasnt what i paid in my electric use what they should take their fuel bill from and they told me that they were allowe to charge the fuel cost over the area of use in others words everyone has to pay the bill for the fuel as well as there electric they use and they said that is about it. then i said what if i dont use your electric then what and they said as long as i was hooked to their service i would still get a bill with the fuel charge. i then said what if i produce my own electricity that the technology was their to do that now and they said that if i disconnected from the service i would not be held responsible to the fuel costs. i then ask this lady what if i produce more electricity than i can use dont you have to by law pay me for that and she said no. i reminded her of the law set by the federal government and she said your in texas and thats the way we do it. i then reminded her that i was recording the call and would pass on her comments to the federal puc and she hung up. i guess since deregulation they think that it is the right to do and say what they want. anyone in the mood to get on the bandwagon and start a grass roots movement to get the feds to reinstitute a regulated public utilities again i cant do this by myself

Blast&Cast
01-29-2009, 08:44 AM
yep heycod i agree its a little cool my water bill is about 30 dollars a month but i am serviced by a nonprofit water company that is still under the texas puc my electric bill is high too and only one choice. the fuel charge is 2/3rds of the bill i called them and questioned them about that and asked that being a for profit co wasnt what i paid in my electric use what they should take their fuel bill from and they told me that they were allowe to charge the fuel cost over the area of use in others words everyone has to pay the bill for the fuel as well as there electric they use and they said that is about it. then i said what if i dont use your electric then what and they said as long as i was hooked to their service i would still get a bill with the fuel charge. i then said what if i produce my own electricity that the technology was their to do that now and they said that if i disconnected from the service i would not be held responsible to the fuel costs. i then ask this lady what if i produce more electricity than i can use dont you have to by law pay me for that and she said no. i reminded her of the law set by the federal government and she said your in texas and thats the way we do it. i then reminded her that i was recording the call and would pass on her comments to the federal puc and she hung up. i guess since deregulation they think that it is the right to do and say what they want. anyone in the mood to get on the bandwagon and start a grass roots movement to get the feds to reinstitute a regulated public utilities again i cant do this by myself

Good luck Bill....the sad thing about all of this deregulation stuff, a great deal of the public wanted it....they thought that it would lower their utility bills.

Ole Bill
01-29-2009, 08:48 AM
Good luck Bill....the sad thing about all of this deregulation stuff, a great deal of the public wanted it....they thought that it would lower their utility bills.well do ya think they are learning anything. im a trucker retired and have been dealing with deregulation since 1980 and i have learned a long time ago it doesnt work all it does is git the monkey of the back of big brother government and gives you something else to think about besides what they are doing. what they dont know is i can walk and chew gum at the same time they arent hiding anything from me.

Blast&Cast
01-29-2009, 08:56 AM
I make my living working at a power plant...... life for us was a whole lot easier when the market was regulated... We had contracts with different companies, which would buy our power. Not very complicated, as far as selling the power. But now....it is very complicated - it is very much like commodity trading.

gator
01-29-2009, 09:32 AM
"it is very much like commodity trading"

well thats great look what that did for gasoline companys buying gas creating a shortage and they dont even have a refinery

Blast&Cast
01-29-2009, 09:51 AM
"it is very much like commodity trading"

well thats great look what that did for gasoline companys buying gas creating a shortage and they dont even have a refinery

A signal from ERCOT is dispatched to our gas turbines....raising and lowering the output of the generators ( 6 of them ). We can take control of the units if we need to, but knowing that someone sitting behind a computer, who knows where, is in control isn't a good feeling.

cpowell
02-01-2009, 07:45 AM
I live in a one bedroom apartment here in Conroe. My electric bill doubled this month. Normally it's about $110, a little less in early spring and early fall. This month I got a bill for $232. I read today that it is expected to go up again too!