PDA

View Full Version : Any Lyondell empoyees here??

OUTLAW
01-30-2009, 08:42 PM
I work for the refinery, with the potential of a strike happening I have a question. Are they (management) telling or asking any of you if you want to come to the refinery to work if we go out???
I'm not bashing, just asking.
thanks
PM if you'd rather tell me that way.

Warden
01-30-2009, 09:26 PM
My 2 cents is this ain't the time to be walking............heard Shell is gearing up for a walkout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

irfishyir2
01-31-2009, 05:20 PM
Cant believe anyone going on strike during these times......there's a bunch a folks out there out of work that will gladly step in for the strikers....

skeeter21
01-31-2009, 06:08 PM
My wife got laid off yesterday. She worked for the same co I do but a different division. She was a marketing rep for National Oilwell Varco (NOV). They also laid off 75 at the Brandt manufacturing facility in Conroe. My paycheck depends on the rig count and thank God I work with the International Group at Tuboscope. Brazil was wide open when I was there this week.
I personally think it going to get a little worst in Houston before it gets better. This year make 25 that I've been riding this roller coaster.
Good luck to all you downstream guys in the refineries.

Gentleben
01-31-2009, 08:05 PM
SKEETER !!where you at man went by to see you !!:applause:

Blast&Cast
01-31-2009, 08:13 PM
My wife got laid off yesterday. She worked for the same co I do but a different division. She was a marketing rep for National Oilwell Varco (NOV). They also laid off 75 at the Brandt manufacturing facility in Conroe. My paycheck depends on the rig count and thank God I work with the International Group at Tuboscope. Brazil was wide open when I was there this week.
I personally think it going to get a little worst in Houston before it gets better. This year make 25 that I've been riding this roller coaster.
Good luck to all you downstream guys in the refineries.

Sorry to here that about your wife Skeeter.....hopefully things will get better soon.

fish4all
01-31-2009, 08:46 PM
i work for nov as well and heard the news man that was a hit for everyone in all branches as large as our company is its hard to imagine that 75 workers really hurt the budget im also in a different branch and were hiring a lil fishy u think!!!!!!!!

spinner
02-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Cant believe anyone going on strike during these times......there's a bunch a folks out there out of work that will gladly step in for the strikers....

It's never a good time to strike but, sometimes you have to take a stand and do what you feel is right!

Wishing the best for everyone involved!

Blast&Cast
02-01-2009, 05:08 PM
It's never a good time to strike but, sometimes you have to take a stand and do what you feel is right!

Wishing the best for everyone involved!

Sure glad that I don't work at a unionized plant...... During these hard economic times, not getting a cost of living raise, or not getting a bonus is trivial in my opinion.

Ponderosa Marina
02-01-2009, 07:03 PM
....I just hope and pray the price of gas does not go back up...

Blast&Cast
02-01-2009, 07:08 PM
....I just hope and pray the price of gas does not go back up...

Chemical plants and refineries don't do well when the price of oil drops below $50.00 a barrell.... Last week sweet crude was trading for about $40.00 a barrell......