PDA

View Full Version : Easy Key Lime Pie

NewCaneyFishingLady
02-07-2009, 09:01 PM
First, let me say, Key Lime Pie is not green. When David and I took a cruise that stopped in Key West, FL, we had our first look and taste of key lime pie. It was delicious and I have been wanting it ever since. Well, I now have it and so can you.

When I was restocking after Hurricane Ike, I was looking for lemon juice at Brookshire Bros. What do you know? I found a bottle of Mrs. Biddle's key lime juice with a recipe for key lime pie! After grabbing that, I went to get the graham cracker crust, sweetened condensed milk and the eggs. This bottle will make 4-5 pies, we are having our second pie tonight.

gator
02-07-2009, 09:27 PM
ring ring ring
hello?
hey gator this is sue come on over and have some key lime pie
okay thanks sue im on the way!

irfishyir2
02-07-2009, 09:35 PM
That looks like the pies my momma used to make. Are instructions included on how to make the topping? I forget what they call it. It looks just scrumpscious~!

irfishyir2
02-07-2009, 09:36 PM
I just remembered that its called merangue!!!!!

RIP-N-LIP
02-07-2009, 09:59 PM
I Like Pie

texaseggdesigns
02-07-2009, 10:32 PM
need that reciepe call me

KingTut
02-08-2009, 05:26 AM
make a fat man happy!

NewCaneyFishingLady
02-08-2009, 06:08 AM
That looks like the pies my momma used to make. Are instructions included on how to make the topping? I forget what they call it. It looks just scrumpscious~!

The recipe says that the pie can be topped with whipped cream or meringue but does not tell you how to make it.

NewCaneyFishingLady
02-08-2009, 07:08 AM
ring ring ring
hello?
hey gator this is sue come on over and have some key lime pie
okay thanks sue im on the way!

That is a good one gator, I wll have to remember that for next time and make the pie a little earlier.

gator
02-08-2009, 07:38 AM
my wife does this but she said do it exactly this way and it works and taste great.we have a wire whip on our kitchen aid mixer

4 egg white (make sure eggs are at room tempature)
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 cup sugar

beat egg whites and cream of tartar on high:just before peaks start to form, dump sugar in all at once.
beat on low for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. beat on high till creamy. do not beat until dry.
keep pie filling cooking on low until the meringue is prepared.at this time ,pour filling into warm pie shell.
pour filling into warm pie shell.pile on the meringue,leaving no air holes,
and making sure to attach the meringue to crimped edge of pie crust
bake at 350 until golden .
follow instructions and pie will not weep.cool in a draft-free area.

RAYSOR
02-08-2009, 08:11 AM
That looks great

irfishyir2
02-08-2009, 05:49 PM
thank ya very kindly......I'm gonna make meringue

crappiecandy29
02-08-2009, 06:33 PM
She can COOK AND CATCH FISH !!!!!!!! What time is that PIE going to be ready ..